• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IMSAI 8080 Paddle switches on ebay

There are 2 auctions, one for 2 switches and the other for 4 with choice of paddle colors.

That did seem a little steep for a couple of switches. Surely someone can 3D print up a bunch of toggle handles for less. The switch mechs themselves should be pretty standard, even today.

I've seen previous auctions that just sold the plastic paddle for $11, and he sold out.
So guess the extra $4 is for the switch.
Ebay and PayPal fee's are quite high, so it really doesn't pay to sell small low price items.
On a $15 item after the ebay and PP fees, your lucky to end up with $10.

Looked at the sellers feedback. He had 3 feedback postings on the switches. The buyers seem to be happy with them, and one stated that the color's match the original switches.

The seller didn't relist them after the last listing expired.
Guess if you wanted to buy them, you could send him a email from the ended auction asking him to relist them for as many as you need.

Nope, I'm not that seller on ebay.
Some time ago I needed some switch paddles for my IMSAI and they were more expensive than these so thought that I would give a heads up to anyone that needs some.
Now, I'm sorry that I posted the info...

I see other people on this forum selling their old s100 boards, chassis and other items.
Do you complain about them getting "Free Advertising" also?

Nope. I don't see anything wrong with letting people know that you have something you want to sell. Just be up front about it when selling. And don't post about it all the time, or keep posting to keep the Thread at the top of the section. This is not CraigsList.

I had just noticed that the listing ended about 3 weeks ago, and mentioned it.
It seemed that since there were close to 600 views of this thread, there was interest in them.

Back