• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I've finally got one!

ScanDisk

Veteran Member
I have been looking for a TRS-80 Model 1 for quite a while now, and it always seemed to be either in very bad condition or out my price range.

A couple weeks ago though, I found an auction that I ended up winning on ebay, and I was happy with the price I ended up paying and still am.

It's in amazing condition, literally just a bit of surface dust and missing covers on the expansion unit, that's it. It does work as advertised and pictured on ebay, and the seller did have very good packing, it came in two separate boxes, where the monitor had it's own box.

Along with it I got many pieces of software along with their manual binders and all/most of their cassettes (payroll, assembler, in-memory information program, real estate, etc) I also got the Basic Level 1 and Level 2 courses on cassette.

There's also service guides, user manual, and an old radio shack magazine/news paper from 1980.

Seems from the fact the keyboard has no number pad, it is one of the earlier models, the monitor says it was manufactured in October 1978.

I have no cable to connect the expansion unit to the main computer right now (I will be buying one very soon), so it is stuck with 16k of RAM for now, but it does have Level II basic.

Seems like it must've been taken care of very well by previous owner, and I will continue to take good care of it.

1KTvUq9.jpg

Looks like a nice setup. Is that some damage to the top of the monitor under that book? Piece of board?
No that's not damage, that's just a piece of cardboard put over the screen for shipping purposes. It is only held on by one piece of tape on the top (the monitor was wrapped in plastic wrap).

I just am keeping it there because why not? I just put it over the screen when I am not using it, and flip it up when I am using it.

No that's not damage, that's just a piece of cardboard put over the screen for shipping purposes. It is only held on by one piece of tape on the top (the monitor was wrapped in plastic wrap).

I just am keeping it there because why not? I just put it over the screen when I am not using it, and flip it up when I am using it.
A very sencable and practical idea ;)

Back