• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for face plate of a Seagate ST-4096 hard drive

I had several, and never saw any ST-4096 with a face plate. Are you sure this exists?

I think the full height black face plate was shipped with retail boxes. I think the face plate I have on a 1 GB SCSI drive was taken from the ST-4096 box since the 4096 never needed it.

I had several, and never saw any ST-4096 with a face plate. Are you sure this exists?
Looking on the internet there are several pictures that shows the faceplate, not sure if this is the right name, "cover", "bezel" maybe?
I've attached a picture.
The ST-4096 that I have was inside a tower case without it, but it has the screws to attach a cover.
I need one because I've installed this drive in an ibm xt machine.
I think the ST-412 could fit also.

Attachments

• d441ab57e4504fceaa2e98398eeac6b1.jpg
    d441ab57e4504fceaa2e98398eeac6b1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1
The ST-412 faceplate is the same one from the looks of it, same 2 bolts holding it to the frame on the lower part. All of my ST-412 drives have that faceplate (IBM stamped, though).

The ST-412 faceplate is the same one from the looks of it, same 2 bolts holding it to the frame on the lower part. All of my ST-412 drives have that faceplate (IBM stamped, though).

Looking at pictures online, yes, the faceplate should fit. Do you sell any of those faceplates?

I can take one off and see if I can find a bubble wrap envelope for it, just PM me your address... not everything needs to be sold (yeah yeah, I know: "retro, rare, liquid gold, broken but gimme 3250USD for it") :p

I'll send you one. Could take a while since there's Corona AIDS everywhere so posting could take me some time.

I can take one off and see if I can find a bubble wrap envelope for it, just PM me your address... not everything needs to be sold (yeah yeah, I know: "retro, rare, liquid gold, broken but gimme 3250USD for it") :p

I'll send you one. Could take a while since there's Corona AIDS everywhere so posting could take me some time.

That's great, very generous gesture from you! I really appreciate it. I'm PM'ing you. Thanks.

Back