• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Memory chips wanted, 511000

dano

Experienced Member
Like the subject says, I'm looking for some 511000 chips for my 286. Gotta get enough memory to run a web browser :) If anyone has anything, let me know.

That's right. Wow, 100 pieces, I wish I had a memory board to take these things :) If nobody here has a better deal for me I'll place a bid on them, thanks.

-Dan

You can probably take what you need and resell the surplus in the VC Marketplace. These were also used in some 386-era boards as well. They're kind of interesting in that if you get the right combination of RAS/CAS, the chip goes into "test mode" and uses an internal 20-bit counter to successively address bit cells, ignoring the address lines. You get what amounts to a million-bit recirculating shift register. There's no way to preset the counter, but I keep thinking that there must be some use for such a beast...

The ebay auction is a really, really good deal. Lets hope there is no bidding war... I already have too much, but am tempted at that price.

Can't help you with your memory chips, but when I first saw the topic, I thought you wanted 511,000 memory chips and I was like "That's a lot of memory chips".

Hope you get the RAM you need!

Quoting myself from another thread, it looks like I might be looking for the same type of memory to populate an ISA RAM card (seem to be looking for 6MB worth). If anyone will have leftovers available please get in touch.

The DIPs are actually 18 pin...oops.

Chips say:
8842HCZ
TC511000AP-10

View attachment 3175

Card says "8 MEG AT RAM". Main chip is by Boca Research. Can't find any info for this card through my usual sources.

Back