• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model 100 sales

DougM

Experienced Member
I'm going to let my 2 TRS-80 model 100's go. One of them is in good working condition, the other I think works but has a couple of bad keys.

My question is should I just eBay them or is there a special secret place where model 100 lovers go to buy and sell these?

Thank you,

My question is should I just eBay them or is there a special secret place where model 100 lovers go to buy and sell these?
Couple of Discords to add them to:
Model 100 #marketplace: https://discord.gg/gSc9RsexY8
Tandy #trading: https://discord.gg/dECZgvp2

You could list them here, there is probably a Reddit place that discusses them also?
Reddit, for some reason, HATES commerce. Mods react to people trying to sell things like they're flogging child brides. I do not understand it.

Thanks everyone, I'll try mailing the bitchin100 list.

DougM

ok boomer
Discord is bad for supporting old hardware and any level of software, because it is so tough to make the content searchable/discoverable outside of being in that chat, and only that chat. If Discord were truly open, there would be an easy way to take the knowledge generated and put it on a web page or wiki.

That Discord, which is basically "IRC, but with emojis" has taken off to the level it has, is kind of surprising.

ok boomer
I belong to the Tandy discord group. There's about 60 topics. All stream of thought. No real way to thread discussions. And how do I find that post from last month that mentioned the neato new memory board? Was it on the #6000? Was it on #hardware? Maybe #other?

I know, let me search... Lol, useless.

I do enjoy the conversation like nature of it, but for support of old hardware I find in cumbersome at best. That, and there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of semi related discords. Do I want the CoCo discord or the generic Tandy discord? Let me do both...

I develop web apps for a living. Discord isn't for me.

I belong to the Tandy discord group. There's about 60 topics. All stream of thought. No real way to thread discussions. And how do I find that post from last month that mentioned the neato new memory board? Was it on the #6000? Was it on #hardware? Maybe #other?
I do enjoy the conversation like nature of it, but for support of old hardware I find in cumbersome at best. That, and there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of semi related discords. Do I want the CoCo discord or the generic Tandy discord? Let me do both...

I develop web apps for a living. Discord isn't for me.
100% of this is PEBKAC:
1. The search bar is right up at the top, and you can search for anything in any channel. You can also restrict it by date, channel, user, type, and attached content...which it automatically suggests to you. You clearly didn't even try.
Screenshot 2023-10-26 122526.png
1a. Literally how is searching useless? Does this forum automatically present you the threads you're looking for without any input? Sure doesn't work that way for me.
2. Discord has threaded discussions. It's right in the three-dot menu on any message. The same way it works in...pretty much every chat app.
Screenshot 2023-10-26 122504.png

I also haven't seen any stream of consciousness posts.
I shudder to think what your webapps look like if you can't get your head around internet-wide UI paradigms and widgets.

100% of this is PEBKAC:

2. Discord has threaded discussions. It's right in the three-dot menu on any message. The same way it works in...pretty much every chat app.
View attachment 1266819

I also haven't seen any stream of consciousness posts.
I shudder to think what your webapps look like if you can't get your head around internet-wide UI paradigms and widgets.
Spotted the problem - you haven't been on a busy Discord chat.

Stuff is definitely NOT threaded in terms of sorted/indented on conversations, it is basically like IRC aside from the small sub-scripted reply that sometimes is placed above the response. Searching - haven't worked with it much so can't answer to that part.

You have to use "brain-threading" where you just read the responses in order and do the correlation yourself.

Do you need a sample screenshot? See attached.

Attachments

• discord-example.png
    discord-example.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 11
This is, yet again, more of you not understanding am interface you glanced at, made no effort to understand, and dismissed. People not using threads doesn’t mean there’s no threading.

The busiest server I’m in regularly has a thousand messages a day in a couple channels, so no matter what logical fallacy you grasp at to excuse your failure to exercise a child’s amount of exploration or intuition, you’re still wrong, and your bad experience is still mostly your own fault.

I’m not interested in pursuing this further.

I hate to admit it, but based on comments by @MrImprovement I actually took some time to use Discord. I take back my negative comments. My only gripe now is that it is just one more place I have to check.

Thanks for encouraging me to confront my shotcomings.

Back