• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model II Software Repository

Pete,
Due to the way git works, you might have to blow this one away, start a new repo, and re-import everything rather than try to resurrect this one. Otherwise a knowledgeable git user would be able to still pull those images from a previous revision. Please post here when the new repo is up so that I can be sure to blow away my personal mirror on my laptop of the old (after doing a git clone of the new) to make sure that I don't keep a copy of those images Aaron mentioned. (Seriously: if Aaron doesn't want those particular images out there, I'm going to respect that. )

Yes, thanks Iowen, I'm aware of this. I've used the BFG Repo Cleaner before and am considering to use it on this repo for any owner takedown requests in this case and going forward. It removes files from commit history, etc. As long as I am the only committer there should be no issues. But, a complete wipe as you suggest may be easier as I'm not too concerned about maintaining history. And I have faith in this small community that they will respect the same in regards to their local repos and re-clone when requested.

Is it still offline? Went to get a copy today to compare against what I have and get a 404 error.

No worries. It will return.

I have lots of software that I should image. I have filePro and Scrip$it for Xenix. I think I have a tar image of both Informix and Unify too. Have to look around.

Hmm, I had Unify, but I think I sent it to somebody.... I don't remember who.

Please image these (or let someone else do the images of copies); you have the most extensive collection, that I know about at least, of this stuff.

Hmm, I had Unify, but I think I sent it to somebody.... I don't remember who.

Please image these (or let someone else do the images of copies); you have the most extensive collection, that I know about at least, of this stuff.
The one thing I'm missing that vexes me is the Videotex Office Information System. All I have of this is the one demo that was provided. I think it was called BOOKS. We used to run it here and there may be an image somewhere in my collection of disks but I haven't found it yet.

The repo is still being vetted for content. It will be made public again. Will inform via this thread.

Added some images today

Good stuff. Looks like we have the most comprehensive collection of II/12/16/16B/6000 software.

I still have more Xenix stuff to add if I can figure out how to image all of these TRS-Xenix 5.25 floppies I have. First step is to see if I can mount them directly in Xenix. I just picked up a 1.2 MB floppy drive so I hope to verify that soon.

I noticed that in the "CP/M" section, the Lifeboat Associates manual is for the *Model I* version, not for the Model II.

But this is good! I had downloaded the Lifeboat and FMG Model I versions of CP/M, and played around a bit comparing it to regular CP/M. I had gathered how much the addresses had shifted for the Model I, but it's now nice to have the actual manual to tell you the details.

(Too bad the only Model I CP/M disks are only the boot disks, no software.)

I still have more Xenix stuff to add if I can figure out how to image all of these TRS-Xenix 5.25 floppies I have. First step is to see if I can mount them directly in Xenix. I just picked up a 1.2 MB floppy drive so I hope to verify that soon.
You can always get a 486 with a 5.25" drive and image with imagedisk.

You can always get a 486 with a 5.25" drive and image with imagedisk.

I couldn't get those disks recognized by ImageDisk on my imaging PC. Remember we discussed that issue awhile back.

Back