• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest More spring cleaning

Covers: Oregon and Washington
Ah, I didn't realize your drives were wide SCSI, that would be annoying to adapt. I would be interested in the WD Caviar 22500 and the Quantum EX64A109, what were you thinking?

The 4GB Seagates are SCA and I have SE (50 pin) adapters to 50 pin header
PM me--it's easier to handle this without cluttering things up. If your PM doesn't work, try vcfblackhole at proton.me

I have a couple of these "Display Miser" units made for IBM. What we used before screen savers were a thing. Basically, you hook this between your monitor and your keyboard. After an idle time selected by the DIP switches, it turns off the monitor.
PM if interested.

Update: The ST506, ATASI 519, Quantum Q540 and Maxtor XT1140 5.25" drives are spoken for.
The WD 31200 and Seagate ST32272W are taken. The Seagate ST32107WC turned out to be a dud and is off the list.

Ah, I didn't realize your drives were wide SCSI, that would be annoying to adapt. I would be interested in the WD Caviar 22500 and the Quantum EX64A109, what were you thinking?
The SCA drives (now the 4GB Seagate Hawks) come with adapters to 50 pin SCSI SE. Forgot to mention that. The wide-SCSI Barracuda has been claimed--with a 29160 host adapter, it's a real smoker for the era.
Do note that if you commit to a drive, I will check it for readability and wipe it to all zeroes. ST506 interface drives excepted--those are "as is"--they've been verified to spin up and home, but that's it.

The FH 5.25" drives are taken, along with one of the 4GB SCSI drives. Everything else, including the EPROM programmers are available. Still have all 5 bigfoot drives; the 8.4GB ones are made in Japan, as opposed to the remainder, which are made in Singapore.

Yup, other than the smaller 4 and 6 GB bigfoots, only the 3.5" IDE drives remain. EPROM programmers have been claimed, as have a couple of Caleb drives. Time to dig out some more stuff...

I rememember buying the quantum 6.4gb drive new in the late 90s i paid about $330.00I think. Biggest drive I could find. Man that thing was expensive.

You should have priced some of the 80s SCSI drives...$1,000 was not uncommon for a 330MB FH model. FWIW, they do last--I've got a CDC Wren II drive installed in one of my systems--purchased new from the CDC retail outlet (remember those?). It still runs just fine. The 70s 14" drives with controller could run to 5 digits. (that was pre-hyperinflation 1970s).

I have 3 or 4 dual height 5.25" 2gb scsi hard drives work was throwing away about 10 years ago. They are dated 1990 i think. Work great. I have one in my 5160.. startup sound is amazing and unsettling . Its either 8 or 10 platters. Wonder what they cost. One i found was bad so i took it apart. The largest and strongest rear earth magnet i have ever seen.

Back