• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MS-DOS utility collections

kb2syd

Veteran Member
Any good ISO or torrents of miscellaneous DOS utilities/programs?
Here are the ones I'm looking for:
  • pkzip
  • zoo
  • telix
  • list
  • hdir or any good directory lister
I can find everything individually so I guess I could always make one. It's not too many items. I'm pretty lazy. Probably could have gotten all of these together in the time it took me to type this.

I just put togther my own ISO based on PC-SIG shareware and my own wants. Vernon Brueg's List is another must have program for me. I used to have a registered copy of that. I found his entire collection on line and downloaded what I needed/wanted.

I just put togther my own ISO based on PC-SIG shareware and my own wants. Vernon Brueg's List is another must have program for me. I used to have a registered copy of that. I found his entire collection on line and downloaded what I needed/wanted.
Thanks for the reminder - such a custom collection is on my to-do list. Found this after your post...

I collect all published versions of the shareware DOS utilities developed by Vernon Duncan Buerg from the 1980s until the mid 2000s

OK, here's what I have together so far:
  • PKZIP
  • ARC/ARJ
  • HotDir
  • all of Vernon Buerg's utilities
  • Several versions of EZ-SCSI
  • mTCP
  • UUPC (to exchange stuff with my Xenix/Unix serial machines)
  • Iomega Zip drivers
  • Telix (a couple of versions)
  • zoo/unzoo
  • kerrmit
  • vim 16 and 32 bit

Any other suggestions?

OK, here's what I have together so far:
  • PKZIP
  • ARC/ARJ
  • HotDir
  • all of Vernon Buerg's utilities
  • Several versions of EZ-SCSI
  • mTCP
  • UUPC (to exchange stuff with my Xenix/Unix serial machi
Spinrite
Works great for hard disk errors and recovering sectors marked "Bad" by MS DOS Scandisk

Back