• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Arcade Cabinet

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
Congrats, dude!!

Now...details! :) home-built panel, or purchased? What joysticks and internals? Monitor or tv? Is that the pc parts that I traded to you? (which is kind've ironic because a few months back, I went and purchased similar-level/era parts to build a mame machine for a friend). Are you using a front-end, and which one? (I'm trying to use Hyperspin, but it's a bitch, IMO - but dang pretty)

Either way... looks nice, seems to function nicely... have fun with it!

Tiberian Fiend

Veteran Member
Yes, it's the computer I got from Maverick. I think it's a Core2Duo with 2GB of RAM. I've stuffed it into a 3u rack case that slides into the back of the machine. I built the control panel using two XIN-MO dual USB controllers, IL translucent buttons from Paradise Arcade Shop, and leaf-switch joysticks from Groovy Game Gear. I'm trying to use Hyperspin for the front-end, but it's going to take a lot of adjustments to get it to work right. I may just wait for HS 2.0 to see if there are any improvements.

The buttons have 9v incandescent bulbs inserted into old Christmas light sockets. I thought they were 12v until I looked in my eBay history just now, so I have them connected to the 12v rail. They get very hot and burn out quickly. Perhaps I'll try moving them to the 5v rail.

hargle

Veteran Member

Tiberian Fiend

Veteran Member
The monitor is a 28" Sony (Trinitron, I think). I bought it from a guy who bought a whole storage unit of them, and the owners before him used them for conventions in the Orlando area.