• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection of vintage computers

Rory

Sparcstation 10
SunBlade 2500 silver
Dell poweredge 1400sc (my first new computer back in 2001)
HP Omnibook 425
HP Omnibook 800ct
Tadpole Sparcbook 3gx
IBM 5150 with IBM 5151 monochrome display
HP 200lx (have 3, one of which works)
Compaq 75mhz 486dx laptop
Alpha Personal workstation 500au

My workbench is so swamped with them along with numerous computers that I do not consider to be vintage that I have no room to work on any of them except for my IBM 5150, whose 5151 monitor need’s repair. As I clean out my basement, I will have more space to get more desk space to play with these machines.

Reactions: ACK
Welcome to the forum @Rory. Many of us have the same situation where we have so much stuff there is little room for a work area. I took over our entertainment room in the basement and it had a pool table in the middle. I left the pool table and it is my work bench. I swap stuff on and off the pool table as I work on the various machines.

Here's some shots of my lab with the pool table:

Seaken

Reactions: ACK
From on the low end of computing power, this is one of my vintage trainer boards. I have a few trainer boards for different processors.

Attachments

• SDK-85 running.jpg
    SDK-85 running.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 8
I am very proud of my Sparcbook 3gx, even though it has hardware issues and doesn’t boot an operating system.
I have just come into custody of some alpha stations and have no idea how to get them booting :) will be fun to figure it out I supoose

I have just come into custody of some alpha stations and have no idea how to get them booting :) will be fun to figure it out I supoose

Well, if you have luck and the buffer battery of the usual Dallas chip is not empty they just may boot if there still is an OS on the harddrive.
But first of all i would image them before trying that.
You still can check the rest of the system and f.e. try to boot from the cdrom...
Have fun

Further infos may be in this forum searchable, and also in the comp.os.vms and comp.sys.dec newsgroups...

Back