• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection so far - Repair station setup

mbliss11

Experienced Member
Posted this on Reddit few days ago figured I would share here. Was looking for storage and display tips but I think I may just need to pair down the collection trying to keep everything in the office (wife’s orders).

473D7BE0-FD81-42FF-8ADE-8FEB4292AACD.jpeg4E2BD861-DAD5-413A-AB7C-8B66A66E97E5.jpeg9D667E2E-B275-4825-A191-6F8577ADDA82.jpeg2257689A-854F-4284-9314-F93F73E59AE3.jpeg081AA54E-FEAD-43DE-A4FA-7C8430872C42.jpeg7C64B015-219F-4AD3-A5D1-F960CDA554AC.jpeg5982764F-681F-4950-9266-7403800C53BD.jpeg9B75D9B1-3B2C-4910-B55F-35F378E86240.jpegB2034E72-A94E-431A-AC72-E3F0BB323C3B.jpeg

Very nice collection.......very "clean and tidy" hardware....... and a very
"clean" environment I should say..........wife's orders too? ;)

ziloo 😊

Very nice collection.......very "clean and tidy" hardware....... and a very
"clean" environment I should say..........wife's orders too? ;)

ziloo 😊
Haha thanks! No that is my OCD to blame haha I would love to have the space to lay out multiple setups and have them all ready to go and power on but it’s not realistic at this time. If I could have 1 rf tv, one monitor or pvm that could do analogue and digital rgb and a vga monitor out I could swap just about anything in and out but I also like matching sets too so there lies the space issue

Nice.. I like your bench setup.
Thank you! I have a hantek oscilloscope hooked up to my raspberry pi and I use the tv on the wall to look at readings and also schematics and videos. It can get cramped on there but it works

Nice storage mbliss11. It is a challenge to cram in so much stuff into one office. I have a space in our basement that used to be a game room. The pool table is still there so I use it as my "workbench". I do not have enough space to keep my 8-bit stuff ready to turn on and use on demand. I pull it from storage when I want to use it. But I do have about 30 PC's set up and ready to turn on and use. I have several set up on KVM switches using one monitor for four machines, several times over.

I wish my storage was as clean and tidy as yours. Nice job! I have seen a little bit of some spaces also in basements, such as Adrians Digital basement. Your setup seems a lot like his and very organized. My space seems to be more in a constant state of flux.

Welcome to the forum

Here's a link to some pics of my space. I've since improved the space but haven't updated the pics yet. I think I will make better use of racks like in your pics.

Seaken

Nice storage mbliss11. It is a challenge to cram in so much stuff into one office. I have a space in our basement that used to be a game room. The pool table is still there so I use it as my "workbench". I do not have enough space to keep my 8-bit stuff ready to turn on and use on demand. I pull it from storage when I want to use it. But I do have about 30 PC's set up and ready to turn on and use. I have several set up on KVM switches using one monitor for four machines, several times over.

I wish my storage was as clean and tidy as yours. Nice job! I have seen a little bit of some spaces also in basements, such as Adrians Digital basement. Your setup seems a lot like his and very organized. My space seems to be more in a constant state of flux.

Welcome to the forum

Here's a link to some pics of my space. I've since improved the space but haven't updated the pics yet. I think I will make better use of racks like in your pics.

Seaken
Thanks so much Seaken! Wow your pc collection is amazing! I love the DOS corner. You also have the same wire storage shelves I use. I recently got some wire shelf keyboard holders to try and use the Tandy and the IBM 386 but it didn’t work well so I am returning them. It would be cool to have a keyboard and mouse on the shelf that could be used. KVM’s are the way to go too. Thanks for the response and the warm welcome to the forum glad to see so many people interested in these pieces of history and appreciate them for taking us to where we are now. Also saw you are in NY I live in Maryland but was born in northern NJ still bring down a dozen bagels every time I visit family up there can’t get them like you can in your neck of the woods :)

Back