• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My IBM 5160 - questios.

If any one could send me a copy of WrdPerfect 4.2 or ChiWrite 3.2 or older I'd be glad.

I don't need the world processor now, so I will serach for WP 4.2.

MS Works is graphic text editor?

Awf, finding vintage apps is harder than I tought! I can't find and ChiWrite and WordPerfect 4.2... my ChiWrite don't have one file so I can't start it...

Luke said:
MS Works is graphic text editor?

Awf, finding vintage apps is harder than I tought! I can't find and ChiWrite and WordPerfect 4.2... my ChiWrite don't have one file so I can't start it...

MS Works is actually an integrated software package that features a drop-down menu driven interface.

--T

Is this true, that DOS 3.00's chkdsk was bugged?
Wasn't DOS 2.10 designed for IBM PC Jr?

DOS 2.1 came out with the PCjr and it sets the proper stepping rate for the new half-height drives that came out with the machine. It also looks for DOS commands on cartridges. However, it runs on any PC or XT as well.

As for bugs .. they are all bugged to some extent. I wouldn't touch DOS 3.0 .. if you need something in that series, go for 3.3.

Mike

If someone have IBM DOS 2.00 please msg me.
I have never seen 2.00, on every page there is only 2.10.

It's normat that after ~20 mins 5153 is becoming warm?

I have DOS 2.0 . Never bothered to try it out though. DOS 2.1 had some bugs, but I at least know what those are. DOS 2.0 would be a little scary to use for anything more than a test drive.

Compared to 1.1 it was a tremendous step forward - there was a lot of new function added, most notably the hierarchical file system and device driver paradigm which borrowed heavily from Unix.

As or the 5153, it is a monitor. They use a lot of energy. Doesn't any monitor get warm after a few minutes?

In the computer lab at my University, they switched from normal tube monitors to TFT ones. As the TFT ones don't heat up anywhere near as much as the old CRT's, they also had to install a newer heating system to compensate!

mmburtman, have you images of diskettes? I will run DOS 3.1 on XT but I want 2.0 to 'collection'.

Here's what mine looks like, but keep in mind that mine's a re-badge. It has an Allen-Bradley logo, and it says 'Industrial Computer, Manufactured by IBM Corporation' on the front badge. It's Model number is 5531. The drives are stashed behind a trapdoor on the front. There is a foam filter and an extra fan behind the louvers to the left. It is distingushed by having a dark grey case ('Industrial Grey'), rather than the usual beige.

--T

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Chris, have you photos already?

Anybody know all 10 Meg full-height hard drives?
I need to know all models, because I want to buy the other one in future.

Back