• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My new JBC Precision Micro Soldering Iron got to do hand 0805 SMD assembly

inotarobot

Veteran Member
After 3 weeks of searching & reading online, I finally came to the Conclusion JBC Soldering Tools are the very best Brand Worldwide dollar for functionality and had the best leading-edge Micro & Nano Soldering irons. So bought a CD-2SQE station that arrived 21st July

Already in only a few days of using it, its become a LOVE + HATE relationship with it. SIGH.

1HC1UDJ.jpg

P7fYszE.jpg

I utterly LOVE the T210-A handle as it soo light + the cord is so thin & flexible. The tips WOW. I used the C210021 0.6x0.3 Chisel tip under my 40-year-old Nikon Microscope at +40 magnification to repair a cut in a 286 motherboard track that was only 0.3mm wide.

I work by myself & having just turned 69yo, I am very pleased with this T210-A iron & glad I still have the stability of my hand to use it.

The main reason for the purchase is I have a series of computer PCB's that 90% of the passive parts are 0805 smd.

Decided to take a photo of my new CD-2SQE with my workhorse of 19 years, a Hakko 701 & my VERY FIRST soldering iron, an 80w Australia made Birko I bought in 1968 to build an electronic project, being a valve power amplifier. Yes all the interconnections to the valve sockets were done in bare hard-drawn Cu wire.

I still occasionally use my Birko on heavy wiring around my Vintage Computers and also use it to solder a seam in a RF shield or case.

My Hakko 701 ESD soldering and vacumn desoldering station I have used now for near on 20 years and its never failed me.

Ok it does not have digital temp display nor cool down/sleep mode when in a cradle, but i have learned to live with that.

Amazingly I am still on my original handpiece, though not my original tips

so as to what I HATE about my new CD-2SQE station.

First I REALLY HATE the Password Function that's needed when changing settings.

Yes considering I have been in Industry over 50 years I understand the reasons it's great to have in a Company environment, where is preferable not to have various workers to modify setting at random

However, since I am the only person that will use it (at 69 I am self-employed) I DO NOT want this DAMN password function !!!!

I should have been able to have your Dealer or remotely Yourselves, permanently disable this section (subroutine) of your software, either before it was shipped to me or within the first week or so of ownership.

As to the second thing I HATE.. Well Its more a disappointment to me as I would have loved to get CP-2QE with the Adjustable Micro Tweezers AM120 but cannot justify the +Aus$800 cost for the complete station.

Me thinks OK I will just buy the Adjustable Micro Tweezers AM120 for around Aus$280 but I find out they don't work with my CD-2SQE station

Seems the CD-2SQE station and the CP-2QE are different in the one for tweezers is rated at 80w 23.5v & the T210 handle station is only rated half that at 40w 23.5 v

NOT a great system design strategy

Personally I think they could have had one base station say at the 80w and depending on if you plugged in the Tweezers or Iron had the smarts to throttle back (limit the power) according to the attached tool.

Ok if one was using it in a paid serious job 6 to 8hrs a day, I can easily see you would buy a second base station so both tools would be connected.

dbqlWwj.jpg

VXU1sJ1.jpg

For me I wish my initial purchase precision station base had power to drive the Tweezers as well as the iron.

I've mounted a microscope to my soldering desk. I've done 0402's with it and a Pace ADS200.

Back