• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ontario Nabu $300

Ontario

C128 Guy

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
Boxed Nabu. Had it out once to test for booting. Needs fan repaired (typical). $300 CAD.

Pickup near Kitchener, Ontario.

I don’t think someone should get banned for selling something for its current value. That’s like saying that I bought gold for $275 per ounce in 1999, hoping it would be worth more, and then you got angry because it’s now selling for $2000 per ounce.

Heck with technology stuff, you’re just as likely for something to be worth less than you paid, especially if better example get unearthed.

Last edited:
As a person who owns a small business I don't think profit is a dirty word. Doing something for profit is a respectable practice.

Timo, you are maybe referring to "gouging" or being unfair. I'm always surprised at how much certain systems go for. I would prefer if some of these systems were readily available for less, for my own benefit. But I do not begrudge anyone for making a profit or charging what the market will bear.

BTW, if anyone wants to sell me an original Commodore PET in working order for $200 american dollars, I'm all in! :ROFLMAO:

I bought this one as a spare because I wanted an extra keyboard. But now I've found an extra keyboard on its own, so I have no use for it. It's an interesting platform and neat to see the old software available.

I don’t think someone should get banned for selling something for its current value. That’s like saying that I bought gold for $275 per ounce in 1999, hoping it would be worth more, and then you got angry because it’s now selling for $2000 per ounce.

No, it isn’t. It’s like saying that you bought gold for $275 an ounce in 1999 and then tried to sell it for $2000 in 2000.

24 years isn’t the same as no years, guy.
Your analogy is bad.

No market force drove this; people just decided they were entitled to more money for doing no labor. That sucks, and that motivation is behind every problem the human species has, and it should be called out and discouraged wherever possible.

Supply and demand. If you think the item is too expensive, don't buy it. Next.
Yes, that is the entitlement to un-earned profit that I spoke about. The supply didn’t change, and I guarantee you no seller took a survey of demand before they increased the price 2-5 times.

It’s just greed, and your normalization of greed doesn’t make it any less disgusting.

No, it's economics. The supply certainly did change. There is no longer a warehouse full of NOS NABUs.

As a seller, you have the right to ask for any price you want. And as a buyer, you have the right to not purchase the item. Eventually, the fair market price will be found. This is the "survey of demand."

No, it's economics. The supply certainly did change. There is no longer a warehouse full of NOS NABUs.

As a seller, you have the right to ask for any price you want. And as a buyer, you have the right to not purchase the item. Eventually, the fair market price will be found. This is the "survey of demand."
“It’s economics” is not a counterargument to “this is a bad way to do things economically.”

The supply didn’t go down; who destroyed a significant number of NABUs?
“Fair market price” presupposes that its impossible for a price to be too high, a claim which is patent nonsense and which we both you don’t believe when you aren’t trying to justify a price increase that you benefit from—or at the least, justifying a practice you intend to benefit from. Unless you can honestly say you’ve never once in your life complained about a price being too high, which we both know is not true, this is defensive, greed-justifying hokum.

As for rights, once again, this is not a counterargument; I didn’t say it was illegal to do this, I said it was wrong. Having the legal right to do something does not make it ethical or prosocial to do so, and no one is entitled to be free from criticism.

"Bad" is subjective. Most people think communism is bad, but you are entitled to your opinion.

The supply is the amount for sale. Not the amount that exist. There were hundreds for sale when they were $60 + shipping. Now there are less than 5.

"Fair market price" does not presuppose anything. If the price is too high, nobody will buy the item. Eventually, the seller will have to lower the price if they want to make a sale.

The fair market price for a vintage computer is whatever someone is willing to pay. If you had an Apple I, would you sell it to me for $100? If not, you must be greedy.

Yes, that is the entitlement to un-earned profit that I spoke about. The supply didn’t change, and I guarantee you no seller took a survey of demand before they increased the price 2-5 times.

It’s just greed, and your normalization of greed doesn’t make it any less disgusting.

Did you miss the part about it costing more to ship to Canada?

There are Nabus for sale at this very moment, FROM THE ORIGINAL SELLER, which after shipping to Canada would cost $341.86 (CAD).

Yeah, greed.

Did you miss the part about it costing more to ship to Canada?

There are Nabus for sale at this very moment, FROM THE ORIGINAL SELLER, which after shipping to Canada would cost $341.86 (CAD).
Bingo. I was hoping someone local would pick it up and save a few bucks over current pricing. No worries, I'll pack it into the retro closet for a rainy day.

Back