• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ontario Nabu $300

Ontario
I really dont get the whole following of this machine. Very cool they are making new hardware for it... but so what. It was dead on arrival. When they sold for $60 that was fair. What they are selling for now? Again I dont get it.

Just going to toss this into the MISTER, and "MINI" re-release category of not for me.

I really dont get the whole following of this machine. Very cool they are making new hardware for it... but so what.

It's not every day someone stumbles across a pile of hundreds of "brand new" forty year old computers and sells them off at a "reasonable" cost. (Honestly, considering how much components like old keyboards and some of the ICs in the Nabu are selling for they were probably under-charging for them.) I mean, yeah, they're useless, and strictly speaking they're not that "interesting" (the hardware recipe is basically identical to a ton of mostly unsuccessful 80's home computers, the most well known one probably being the Japanese MSX1 standard), but if you're looking for something that might be fun to hack on, well, sure, that's why I almost bought one.

(The reason it ended up as "almost" did just boil down to me realizing that a Z80+TMS9918A combo, while something I have fond memories of in the ColecoVision, just wasn't likely to hold my attention for long and I've got too much junk lying around already. Someone else might as well have it.)

I really dont get the whole following of this machine.
I can thank Adrian Black for introducing me to the machine and I bought one moments after the video came out. I developed a few projects including replacing the CPU with my MCLZ8 and the EPROM with my emulator. It provided me the opportunity to meet a bunch of great people including Leo Binkowski who is one of the early NABU developers.

Jeri Ellsworth has one, so clearly it is cool to own an NABU. :)

Somehow this ended up the Random Nabu Banter channel of the moment. I too bought one of these, and it's currently sitting on the shelf in my garage. Fell into the "too good of a deal to pass up" situation. It's exactly the sort of thing I'm into, but the amount of interest has actually been a bit of detractor in that I like more obscure projects and the Nabu seemed to quickly gather a following and a lot of support. It became quickly demystified, and while it's a capable Z80 platform with sensible hardware support, it's really nothing special. One of these days maybe I'll dig it out and see what modifications folks have designed for it.

Best of luck selling yours C128 Guy.

Back