• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Media Graphics Super Video card ???

ribbets

Experienced Member
I recieved two custom built computers today ones a 386 and the other is a 486 even the cases are hand-made..The 386 had two video cards installed in it. One is a generic VGA which was connected to the other with a 26 pin flat ribbon cable. The second card has New Media Graphics Super Video Windows FCC IVW-029670 on it.Besides the 26 pin it has two connectors on the back. a 9 pin which has an adapter and 5 cables L & R audio in , L & R audio out and video in
The other plug is a 15 pin. There was a plastic bag with what looks like a 15 pin terminator taped to the card. I've searched the net and can't seem to find to much info on this card and hope the drivers are still in the hard-drive..
Does anyone have an idea what this is ?? These two computers were networked together at some time.. Plan on cleaning them up before I power up..
The cases are made of plexiglass and are top hinged so you can open them. And the 486 has ,what I think is soot on it and the plastic is quite clouded around the power supply vents. Checked the FCC Id and it called it a Multimedia/video in a window card 1992

Last edited:
Haven't got that far yet.. Would at least try to get the dust out first..and either someone is growing one of those crystal garden sets or the battery pack has puked..

I found a couple of mentions of it in various news groups (search groups.google.com). It is a video capture/video in a window card for windows 3.0 and I think 3.1.

Company was out of business as of 1995 or so.

I recieved two custom built computers today ones a 386 and the other is a 486 even the cases are hand-made..The 386 had two video cards installed in it. One is a generic VGA which was connected to the other with a 26 pin flat ribbon cable. The second card has New Media Graphics Super Video Windows FCC IVW-029670 on it.Besides the 26 pin it has two connectors on the back. a 9 pin which has an adapter and 5 cables L & R audio in , L & R audio out and video in
The other plug is a 15 pin. There was a plastic bag with what looks like a 15 pin terminator taped to the card. I've searched the net and can't seem to find to much info on this card and hope the drivers are still in the hard-drive..
Does anyone have an idea what this is ?? These two computers were networked together at some time.. Plan on cleaning them up before I power up..
The cases are made of plexiglass and are top hinged so you can open them. And the 486 has ,what I think is soot on it and the plastic is quite clouded around the power supply vents. Checked the FCC Id and it called it a Multimedia/video in a window card 1992

I am pretty sure I know where these two machines came from and if you (or anyone else) is still looking I have the drivers. The cards do more than capture (in real time) they also feed video through so you can pull TV into your VGA screen in a scalable window or you can put the VGA (at lower resolution) onto the TV.

Back