• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New member from Vermont

fomec

Hello, I am a middle age man working in the health care field, and have a couple of older computers I am working on as a hobby, one Pentium III IBM 300PL, and one Sun Ultra 5. I have had both since the late 1990's, and neither has run for about 20 years. Crossing my fingers for proper function! Thanks!

Hello, I am a middle age man working in the health care field, and have a couple of older computers I am working on as a hobby, one Pentium III IBM 300PL, and one Sun Ultra 5. I have had both since the late 1990's, and neither has run for about 20 years. Crossing my fingers for proper function! Thanks!
Where in Vermont? I'm in Burlington.

Welcome. I know how you feel. I have a couple of old systems that haven't been powered on since between 20 and 30 years ago. I'm nervous to try turning them on!

Seaken

Hello fellow New Englander. Also have a Sun ultra 5..
I just bought a new clock to replace my long-dead NVRAM. I did a bit of research, and this ST M48T59Y-70PC1D is what I came up with. Now, I am researching how to re-program the chip. We'll see what happens! Thanks all, for the welcome!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
I just bought a new clock to replace my long-dead NVRAM. I did a bit of research, and this ST M48T59Y-70PC1D is what I came up with. Now, I am researching how to re-program the chip. We'll see what happens! Thanks all, for the welcome!
We have a memeber who sells rebuild kits for the dead clock. I bought it from them. @glitch

Back