• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New old member

dlw

Well I've been reading the forums on and off for a while but haven't really posted much. Starting to read it more often now so introducing myself. My collection is up at http://www.trailingedge.com. Located in Houston TX so if there are other Houston collectors or even other Texas collectors, I'd love to hear from you. And if anyone has a line on an HP 21xx that I can run TSB on I'll be right over. :)

David

dlw wrote:

> Well I've been reading the forums on and off for a
> while but haven't really posted much.

Cool!! I don't even recall PMing anything to you as such 'bout
this forum. Welcome to the non-zero posters club! :))

Incidently Erik, I thought it was quite amusing to see some 17
pages of Zero Posters - members which date back to 2003 have
been branded Junior members. Heaps of work just to see if some
of them need to be a waken up! :))

Cheers.

Last edited:
Great to see you aboard. The "trailing edge" used to be the signatory of a
long-time Classiccmp member who also put a bunch of DEC stuff on the i-net.

On accessing your site I see you're not that same person who castigated me for asking "once more" ,how you transfer 8' floppies to 5 1/4 disks. :^)

I hope you lend the weight of your obvious knowledge to this site.

Lawrence

I don't have a 2100 but I have met people who sell them. Are you looking to run Access or TSB? The person you want to try to reach is named Jay West, he may have HP equipment for sale. Keep in mind there is maybe 1 or 2 complete running Access systems out there total right now. They are just rare and hard to find. I'm talking about a full blow system with HD, mux, reel to reel drive, the works. Try checking out yahoo's HP2000 group. They have simh running Access! Hope this helps. I used Access back in the 70's in middleschool and it is what got me hooked.

Vince

Yeah I've joined the Yahoo group and chatted a bit with Jay. Alas at the moment he's not really open to the idea of letting any of his 2100 stuff go. In the meantime I play with the simulator and keep looking. :)

As for the other "trailing edge", you're probably thinking of Tim Shoppa of the "trailing-edge" <-- note the dash.

Back