• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England NOS Green 753 Laptop

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.
There's no way that you're going to be able to find a battery standalone for one of these. You're best off finding a cheap parts unit off eBay you can take the battery from. Unless you want to have it mobile though, there's no need to have one in there. There's a door over the battery bay, thankfully not just a gaping hole.
Oh yeah, I wasn't expecting to ever find a new or working one but was more hoping/expecting to find a dead one to rebuild.

I tried to find one myself with no luck. If specifications could be found, inc for the connector inside, one could be created.

The question there would be whether or not they had any “smart” circuitry in it or if it was just a dumb battery that can be built with a cell pack and a fuse.

And that's the problem, unknown... If one COULD be found, I could remake them with my 3d printer and figure out whats on the inside, but only if I had one.

Last edited:
I do have some dead batteries for the Green 753. I am reluctant to offer them as being able to be rebuilt since the first one I looked at had green pus on the terminals. But with that understanding I am more than willing to ship one for a few bucks over the cost of shipping.

Maybe someone can take one of those and build up some 3d printed design?

That’s 100% possible if it doesn’t use a proprietary BMS. It’s been done for the PowerBook 100 series laptops.

I do have some dead batteries for the Green 753. I am reluctant to offer them as being able to be rebuilt since the first one I looked at had green pus on the terminals. But with that understanding I am more than willing to ship one for a few bucks over the cost of shipping.
How much would one of the laptops plus a battery be

If you don't mind me opening the factory sealed box and putting a battery in the box then what ever the extra weight adds to the shipping cost. No promises that the battery can be rebuilt.

Note: in the past I've sent some other laptop batteries off to Fedco (Energy Plus batteries) for rebuilding - price was steep, but they did a great job. Haven't done business with them well over a decade.

I would be very interested in that. I am an electronics hobbyist and have 3d prjnters, i'd like to make new ones if people wanted them.

project of mine

If you don't mind me opening the factory sealed box and putting a battery in the box then what ever the extra weight adds to the shipping cost. No promises that the battery can be rebuilt.

Note: in the past I've sent some other laptop batteries off to Fedco (Energy Plus batteries) for rebuilding - price was steep, but they did a great job. Haven't done business with them well over a decade.
Wouldn't mind at all. Do you possibly have any that don't show external signs of leakage?

I’d also be interested in one not showing external leakage if you have a second one. Now that I have a spot welder I could actually rebuild it.

Okay, since the question of spare parts and batteries is being asked a lot, here's more or less what I can supply for the Green 753:

1) Large supply of spare NOS 4 pin AC adapters (without AC power cord) (Green 755 can use this adapter)
2) A few NOS motherboards plus maybe some pulls (pulls will need need testing)
3) Spare PCMCIA daughter boards (will be pulls)
4) Very few NOS hinge covers (someone what to 3D print more?)
5) NOS Teac 6x (or 8x??) CD-ROM drives (new but untested)
6) a few floppy drives (will be pulls)
7) Upper and lower main case plastics (will be pulls)
8) Some LCD inverter boards (pulls)
9) NOS CMOS batteries
10) CPU heatsink plate with cooling heat pipe (goes under the keyboard) (used/pulls?)
11) Spare manuals and 3.5" driver diskettes (pulls)
12) Leatherette carry bags with strap (pulls - should work with any laptop of about the same size)
13) Video adapter board (pulls)
14) Status LCD and cover (used)

Pulls mean parts removed from disassembled NOS Green 753's some years ago

I might have other minor parts as used or pulls. Plus I do have some used screws to replace any missing hard to find ones.

What I DO NOT have:

1) Spare Hard Drive Caddies (would like a few if anyone finds a source)
2) Keyboards (ditto I would like a dozen or more too)
3) LCD lid plastics (perhaps a few used ones, but may need repair depending LCD size etc.
4) LCD lid latches
5) Spare ribbon cables
6) LCD's
7) Plastic IR lens surrounding the AC input jack
8) Battery door and or rear case connector cover doors
9 Replacement small springs of any sort!
10 Case slide latches of any type

I have a couple of dead main NiMH batteries. None shows signs of bulging I believe, but all may have corrosion on the contacts. I don't remember if I have more and two or 3 left for the above requests. (I need to dig them out) IIRC, the battery case two halves are just double-sided taped together. I haven't looked at or for the batteries in a decade more or less.

I do also have some dead in need of parts/repair used non-working Green 753's from the service center's inventory. Many have been stripped of parts. I hope to repair a few when possible. All need keyboards and hard drive caddies.

What an interesting past few days! First a foot of snow, followed by warning period and 3-4" inches of rain along with 40-50mph winds melting the snow causing all kinds of local flooding. On top of that, or maybe due to all that, we lost our internet for a day. So yesterday was a lost day with the exception of delivering a spare cane to a friend that fell and screwed up his knee quite badly. That was fun too! Driving up his driveway and crossing the narrow bridge over the normally nearly dry tiny brook that now had 4-6" of water flowing over the surface of his driveway. So today with the internet up and running I can finally attempt to price out and pending packages. Bear with me!

Sounds like quite a rough time. Hope all is okay now and take as long as you need.

the weather pattern should have gone towards the desert states, they need it more than us

Okay, so far I've dug out four Green 753 batteries. All are NiMh and one is a 3,000ma/hr Panasonic mfgr. with battery pus along one side (I'll assume a split case), three are 3,500 maHr from Sanyo. One has a split case and a little bit of pus. Several have green on the contacts - i didn't check which ones. All are free in a first come first choice in AS-IS non-working condition for just the cost of shipping. I'm not willing to attempt to charge any of them in my working Green 753. If I am shipping a package with parts or a laptop I will add a battery to a pending order for just the extra shipping cost.

I assume the following want one:

3lectric
jknightandkarr
ST251

Yes, i want one. I am not totally for any particular one, as long as I can take it appart to remake them. I can send payment anytime.

If you can throw one in with the other parts I’m ordering then that would be great. My preference would be for a Sanyo battery with as minimal corrosion visible as you’ve got.

Back