• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Os quiz

os2_warp.jpg

"If I end up Windows ME someone is going to be hurting.."

I got Debian Linux.... hahahaha

D Linux is probably the best O/S around. But the quiz probably just randomly generates answers. What programmer would bother with attaching an analysis to idiot questions like that. It was a fun quiz anyway.

w00t.

w00t.

<a href="http://bbspot.com/News/2003/01/os_quiz.php">
palm.jpg

Which OS are You?</a>

hmmm. not too bad, but I don't think I've ever used Palm OS :lol:.

and btw, as everyone knows, WinCE sucks.

It's standard HTML. You have to use the tags just like a webpage. <html> and </html>

Google it and you can get some great HTML how-to's

-V

P.S.
I don't bash MS or any one company, I find it childish. I don't understand why people do. So you don't like the company, thats fine and I respect that. I just don't like it when people try to force that on others. (I'm not talking about you I'm just Griping about it at this point.)

My HP Jornada 720 uses HandHeld PC 2000 (Windows CE) and I like it way better than my Palm Tungsten E. (Palm OS 5) Google it to see pics.

Also Have you ever used HandHeld PC or Win CE? It is NOT the same as Pocket PC. Pocket PC is what runs on the IPAQ's. They are two very different devices. Handheld PC (win CE) runs on HP's Jornada's and the NEC Mobile Pro (which are still made to this very day.) I didn't care for Pocket PC, but Handheld PC has a start button and looks like Windows 2000.

For the Record, I am a UNIX man. The only things I have that run Windows are the Server and My Laptop. (On the Laptop you can't change it to any thing else because the BIOS is controled by a Windows based Program.)

I think only a few HTML tags are enabled on this forum, for bold text (which can be obtained with BB Code too) and so on. If you want to make links, you have to use the URL tag, possibly in combination with the IMG tag like this:

Like this (for carlsson's example above):
Code:
[url=http://bbspot.com/News/2003/01/os_quiz.php][img]http://www.bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2003/01/os_quiz/palm.jpg[/img][/url]

--T

kk

kk

Ok, I know some HTML. I get it now.

Also Have you ever used HandHeld PC or Win CE? It is NOT the same as Pocket PC. Pocket PC is what runs on the IPAQ's. They are two very different devices. Handheld PC (win CE) runs on HP's Jornada's and the NEC Mobile Pro (which are still made to this very day.) I didn't care for Pocket PC, but Handheld PC has a start button and looks like Windows 2000.

I was aware there was a difference between the pocket PC wince and some kind of desktop version that looks like win9x, but I didn't know there were THREE versions. Thank you for enlightening me. (I have to remember to try out the desktop version, and my school's got some nice little machines that use wince).

I don't bash MS or any one company, I find it childish. I don't understand why people do. So you don't like the company, thats fine and I respect that. I just don't like it when people try to force that on others. (I'm not talking about you I'm just Griping about it at this point.)

I'm not really trying to MS bash, but more OS bash. I don't really care for wince pocket PC that much either. (or does my brother, who inherited an IPAQ from my mum, and found a port of linux for IPAQs and used that instead. It looks a lot nicer now, and he can program in Ruby on it (but w/o SDL because it's finnicky on his machine.)).

Wow. long post. perhaps there should be a "ramblings" forum :roll:? Rants doesn't quite fit.

Moonshadow

Edit:
I'll try not to Microsoft-bash on these forums, seeing as my username abbreviates to MS :lol:

I didn't know there were THREE versions

Only two. HHPC Pro v.3.0 and WinCE v.2.11 are the same thing. Ghawd knows why it has two names just to confuse us. Of course, WinCE has gone thru several versions/revisions, v.1.0, 2.0, 2.11, 2.12, 3.0, etc.

--T

I wasin't trying to be the "mean mod" or anything, I was just in a bad mood when I typed that. Sorry if I offended you. I think the IPAQ's were nicer when Compaq still made them. I had wanted a Jornada for a long time, their just neater than handhelds. Some Jornadas were handhelds, some were the ever famous "palmtops", which looked like mini laptops because they have their own keyboards. I am thinking about trying a BSD version on it though. Terry Yager (A man of much knowledge) is right though. Win CE and HandHeld PC are the same thing. It was called WinCE before HHPC because it originally was suppost to be an embedded OS project, but it ran so nicely on handhelds, they started calling it handheld PC. The Dreamcast by Sega runs WinCE but there is no way to get the GUI. Its just the core to run the console. Its a pain, but you can run Linux on Dreamcasts, they had some nice processors for their time. I still like Palm, but the battery in mine didn't even go a year before losing its charge. (as in not holding one anymore.) My Jornada uses a Li-ION battery just like a laptop has, so they last almost for ever.

-V

winCE & palmtops

winCE & palmtops

Only two versions? Ok then. Speaking of confusing version names, the Kaypro corporation (now, I believe, defunct) had some REALLY confusing model numbers. Go to http://www.old-computers.com and click on the K in "search by company" on the sidebar at the left. Then scroll down to kaypro and check out the years on all their machines :D. It's quite funny.
This is also my favourite retrocomputing (I love that word) site. However, it doesn't have everything.

On the topic of Palmtops, Jornadas look really nice, and I just found out about the Psion series 5s, but my absolute fave has GOT to be the Atari Portfolio. It runs a DOS 2.2 clone. I'm just about to add another system to my collection, seeing as my old one died :cry:. They can be really fussy with cables to the screen, but I think it was the motherboard in mine that died. The hinges were broken anyway.

Crikey, I do go on. I just can't stop typing!

MoonShadow out

Don't worry about how long your posts are. Length wise, their about normal. Some of us can write books in one posts though!

-V

Back