• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

P&T Disk Not Ready

You have a newer cards. Your silk screen is different. I'll go with the settings as they are on your card. Are there any more jump wires on the other side of your card? (referring to the yellow wire near the ABC and STU jumpers).

Never mind. The WXY jumper set isn't even layed out on my card. I was hoping for unlabeled pins but the pins are not even there.

-Matt

As closely as I can tell, all that you need to do is to make sure that the drivers fro the internal floppy connector are enabled for both drives. That should be fairly straightforward unless your card is very different from the schematic.

No, there are no wire jumpers on the back side of the card. OTOH, since I have a field-modified 16 (not a 16B), the CPU card has lots of added wires (to run Xenix).

Setting it up as you have it (excluding the WX as it doesn't exist on my card) it selects the drive and hangs. So there is a large enough difference in the cards to prevent it from working properly. You have some missing traces, additional traces (what are corrections on my board), a jumper set (WXY) and the yellow wire. It seems the newer models (12 and 16) have a revised FDC+P.

-Matt

Back