• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Panasonic HHC

NeXT

Veteran Member
Someone at the VCF Consignment was selling three units in varying condition and I drew the short straw. :(
They all seem like they were from a portable programming system for GE radios and mobile telephones ( https://www.hallelectronics.com/getech/prog4.htm ) so they all came with the computer and 8k ram, the I/O bus expander, the printer/cassette option, an expansion ROM module and the programming jig which almost looks like an EPROM programmer if you squint hard enough. There's also a plastic tray that holds everything and is annoyingly just a little too large for me to fit into a standard briefcase, but mine has a Bell Canada asset tag! The lucky folks also got with theirs additional manuals and cables and even schematics which I asked if they could scan them. Mine turned out to have pretty bad battery damage that's eaten over a dozen landing pads for the LCD's zebra strip and possibly the LCD itself. I went over the rest of the boards and after a vinegar wash they cleaned up a bit and I don't see anything immediately bad, but without a screen the whole thing's kinda dud. I can probably find another unit but a lot of the online mentions seem to say it was almost exclusively a product that requires you to make custom application ROMs for it. I can't find any software available online to make it much more useful. There is mention of a Microsoft BASIC ROM but I've not found dumps of the option ROMs either.

The ones I have came from an insurance company (New York Life and probably others). I think I have the Microsoft BASIC ROM but not the SNAP one.

I'd really like to find the video output box ...

Back