• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

pcmcia socket splitter/multiplier

curtis

Veteran Member
Okay, this may sound like a weird idea, but let me explain.

I just picked up an HP 200LX which has 1 pcmcia slot. I would like to connect 2 cards simultaneously, a parallel port card and a memory card.

Does anyone know if such a thing is made? If so, suggestions on where to find it? Tried newegg with no luck.

Thanks,

Looking quickly around I don't see anything but I do see pcmcia to usb which wouldn't help in your case. Potentially they probably sold an external device as one of the expansions you're trying to use?

Out of curiosity what are ya up to? :-D

I've got a handheld (HP 200LX) which has 1 pcmcia slot. I'd like to use a parallel port card and a video card at the same time.

Guess it's not meant to be! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I only have a 95lx so I could be way offline here. Why couldn't an HP handheld use both a memory card and a serial or PP device at the same time ? To my knowledge the 95LX can use both a static memory card and a serial laplink or IR connection to transfer files to that memory card. Otherwise the added storage memory would be useless. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the question. TMK a laplink connection can use either a serial or PP port to Transfer files. Even the Portfolio has that ability. There is even an interface for the Portfolio to be able to use PP Zip-Drives. The DIP II (Sharp PC 3000) had 2 PCCard-slots used as A: and B; drives. The developer of the program for Portfolios and Palm PCs also sent me a variation that would work on the DIP II for PP Zip-drives. The PC card used was basicly the same as the memory card used by the HP 95LX, and therefore the 200LX. Am I missing something here ?

http://leute.server.de/peichl/vipe.htm

Lawrence

Last edited:
I found the manual at HP and it does support serial comms in a few ways. It tells how to use a modem, set up various programs and all sorts of stuff. There's no ppt built in, so far as I can tell, though. But serial ought to work fine, just needs a cable to fit the rectangular port on the side of the machine.

If you have a faster connection, grb the file from HP or I can email it to you. It's large, over 12mb. But it covers a WHOLE lot of stuff. That's a nifty little machine you have there.

Nathan

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?man_lang=en&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=59384

**hope the link works.

Unfortunately, the ap I'm using is parallel ONLY. I tried interfacing via serial port once and converting from serial to parallel and it's a no go situation.

I'm thinking maybe I should shift back to one of my Poqet's and seeing if I can find a VGA card to go with it. Providing I can find my parallel cable for the Poqet!

I only have a 95lx so I could be way offline here. Why couldn't an HP handheld use both a memory card and a serial or PP device at the same time ? To my knowledge the 95LX can use both a static memory card and a serial laplink or IR connection to transfer files to that memory card. Otherwise the added storage memory would be useless. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the question. TMK a laplink connection can use either a serial or PP port to Transfer files. Even the Portfolio has that ability. There is even an interface for the Portfolio to be able to use PP Zip-Drives. The DIP II (Sharp PC 3000) had 2 PCCard-slots used as A: and B; drives. The developer of the program for Portfolios and Palm PCs also sent me a variation that would work on the DIP II for PP Zip-drives. The PC card used was basicly the same as the memory card used by the HP 95LX, and therefore the 200LX. Am I missing something here ?

http://leute.server.de/peichl/vipe.htm

Lawrence

Have you thought to look on ebay? I did a quick search and turned up several. Most of them were cardbus for newer pc card slots, but I'm sure there is something there somewhere.

I hit ebay just about every evening.

Checked and there's pretty much nothing like what I'm looking for.

Back