• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

pdp 11/45 knobs?

harry

Experienced Member
I am needing to source, find, or make some control knobs, as the two, fiitted to the console rotary switches on a 11/45, I have looked, and searched at many control knobs, and nothing seems to come close? . Failing something being available, Would someone be prepared to make an accurate sketch,or close up photo, with dimensions, so as last resort I could make some in alluminium, as near to original as possible?

thanks .... Harry

I can't answer your question, but I thought it might be helpful to point out that it seems the 11/70 knobs are the same.

Thanks Uniballer for the info, I have searched and looked at many web pictures of pdp 11's that use these two control knobs, but as yet, have not found a clear close up picture to give me the detail I need to make some. I was hoping perhaps an owner of these machines, might be willing to take a close up photo, if so,that would be great! Or...maybe someone in the UK may have a pdp 11 with this front panel, and would possibly loan me a control knob, to enable me to make some copies, (and yes you will get it back) ... well you never know unless you ask?

..... Harry

Thanks Uniballer for the info, I have searched and looked at many web pictures of pdp 11's that use these two control knobs, but as yet, have not found a clear close up picture to give me the detail I need to make some. I was hoping perhaps an owner of these machines, might be willing to take a close up photo, if so,that would be great! Or...maybe someone in the UK may have a pdp 11 with this front panel, and would possibly loan me a control knob, to enable me to make some copies, (and yes you will get it back) ... well you never know unless you ask?

..... Harry

Hi Harry,
my 11/50 is sitting here in the "holding pattern" waiting for some time to work on it so I f I can remove one of the knobs you are welcome to a loan of it, and im in the UK ( North Scotland ) so easy to send
Dave H

Hi Dave H, Thanks for reply, and kind offer to loan me one of these, brilliant news! PM sent.

.....Harry

Hi All;

Harry, I don't have any origional Knobs for my PDP 11/45, the one I have had before were not origional and would fall off, So, hope fully what I have picked up will stay on a little better..
So, I got some Orange Chicken Head knobs for my System..

THANK YOU Marty

Back