• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-11/70 on eBAY

I just saw that one come up and you beat me to posting a link to it.

Looks pretty clean in the pictures. Does it look like the board set is complete?

Probably a good thing it is not within easy driving distance from me. :)

I just saw that one come up and you beat me to posting a link to it.

Looks pretty clean in the pictures. Does it look like the board set is complete?

Probably a good thing it is not within easy driving distance from me. :)

Looks pretty complete, CPU and memory. Has an FP11-C also. Hard disk controller is about all that is missing, but it has two RH11 massbus controllers.

Appears to be in NF6X's backyard, distance wise. :)

Hi All;
"" Appears to be in NF6X's backyard, "" Well, see if NF6X bites !!

THANK YOU Marty
Looks like a nice system. Don't think the price is too outlandish except for the unknown working condition.

I have a PDP 11/44 idling in storage I haven't done much with.

Does anyone have a spare working 11/44 or 11/84 in the WA or OR area that they don't really need to keep around anymore? I don't have any UNIBUS systems and while that 11/70 would be really cool to acquire that would be a bit more effort than I can justify currently.

I'll most likely have some spare non-working 11/44 gear left over once I finish my 11/44 restoration, but there's no telling when I'll get around to starting that cool project.

That does look like a REALLY nice PDP-11/70.

Since it is on the West Coast, fortunately, it does make it harder for me to do something impulsive. Also, Uncle Sam just took most of my liquid assets on April 15th anyway.

Speaking of impulsive, last weekend, I happened to be in Amsterdam on business and had to go a day early to make an early meeting Monday, so I contacted Henk Gooijen and he very graciously showed me his PDP-11 collection.

Wow! He has the largest collection of PDP-11s I've ever seen in one place and he has a very nice web site ( http://www.pdp-11.nl/ ) that documents what each system has. He is a really great guy!

Matlock

I used to work on and around over a hundred of those puppies.

It would be a dream come true to have one in my garage.

Until my wife saw it.

Then the dream would quickly become a nightmare.

The phrase "beat like a drum" comes to mind.

I used to work on and around over a hundred of those puppies.

It would be a dream come true to have one in my garage.

Until my wife saw it.

Then the dream would quickly become a nightmare.

The phrase "beat like a drum" comes to mind.

Don't let her see it. :)

RM03's ? If you're going to hang an old drive off of a PDP-11/70, it ought to be an RP06.

I love me some washin' machines. ;-)

I doubt the Pathways clock/calendar board will be readily useable.
It looks like the battery acid has dripped, and corroded all of the IC's directly below them. :-/

Back