• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-8I for sale on eBay, New Jersey area

A posting from quite a while ago show images of 10 of them in a shed. I don't think that any of the peripherals or controllers are DEC, so the only part with real value is the processor. Since they have not been stored in a cool and try space, it might be quite a challenge to get one running.

Still, I would probably consider putting $5000CAD for that much of what appears to be drum memory. It's not often you find complete sets like that.

Yeah I saw that, the real problem is where would you store it, never mind even shipping it. If you did freight it, I'd be surprised if came back in even close to its original condition, whatever that may have been. I have to admit, it would be kind of cool to work on.

Looks like it did not sell, very tempting! I have the resources for picking up and transporting and some background in large systems. The distance is not insurmountable and although most of my work is with sixteen bit systems maybe a twelve bit system would be fun. Think the next time he list the system it will be for less just hope he don’t get temped to pull the computer and just sell that. Keeping the system together has a real value as opposed to just a computer less all the equipment that once supported it.
Too bad I am short now days and don’t have the disposable income, wonder if I can start a go fund me page to save old systems in there native environment?

Back