• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Please move along, there's nothing to read here! Really!

flax

So you decided to read this after all? I'm amazed!
So I guess I should divulge some details about myslef then? Ok, you asked for it...
I am 40+ and my first programming was on a TI-57 clone sold by Radio Shack. Shortly after that I got to program a TRS-80. Next machine was an ABC-80, a swedish Z80-based computer manufactured by Luxor. At home I got lucky and had a VIC-20 to program, so I noticed some interesting things, such as different processors and such. I also got my first TI-59. (Early 80's).
My next step was working with a datapoint multiuser system used at work. The less I say the better, I think. Working had one nice side effect, I could upgrade to a Microbee 32, which doubled as a ADM-3A terminal, meaning I could log in to several online BBS's. There was one in particular, KOM, which ran on a PDP-10/TOPS-10 in Stockholm where I got in contact with several mainframe users, and I could try my hands at both TOPS-10 and TOPS-20, and some Unix on a VAX. I then decided I should study computer science, which I did, in Uppsala. This meant I got even more PDP-10 experience, some lispmachines (LMI, Symbolics and Xerox), VAX VMS and VAX Unix. I learnt TECO, BCPL, MDL, SNOBOL, Algol,Pascal, Fortran, ADA,Simula-67, Lisp, Prolog, C, C++, POOL, Icon, Occam, Eiffel, Objective C, and some other languages. I also got to program assembler for the PDP-10 (MACRO-20), Z80, 68K (00,10,20,30,40,60 - my favourite CPU!), 6502, VAX (can't remember the model), intel (386,486, pentium etc...)
I collect old 8-bit machines, especially CP/M machines, and I regularly program in CP/M using emulators on my linux machine. I also really, really like 68K CPU's and if there's anyone with a spare VME-bus 68K card and card cage, please let me know. I program my Amiga 4000 when I get too desperate fighting intel and windows at work. I've also programmed in Java sine 1996.
I work with telecom, for Telia, one of the telecom operators in Sweden and my job is as a contactcenter (newspeak for callcenter, but includes email and other media) architect and developer, focusing on system integration. I have also worked with administrative API's for the Ericsson AXE systems used in the swedish telephone network.
I enjoy reading, caring for my family, food and drink. I'm a fairly good cook and brew decent beer, although opinions differ on the decency of the victims of it.
I also like music, etc, etc, blah blah blah.
My avatar is really me, and the picture was taken at a costume party where I was doing a pretty good Uncle Fester imitation. So there. Your turn.

Welcome to the VC Forum and thanks for sharing!

I'm familiar with datapoint equipment and I agree, the less said the better.

Enjoy your collection and the forums!

Thanks for visiting!

Erik

Back