• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pocket Computer Software Archive Project

Bungo Pony

Staff member
Would anybody like to join me in a venture to create an online archive of software for the Sharp and TRS-80 pocket computers? There is very little information and software available for these units, and I think an archive of both home-made and included basic programs would be a good idea. Also, including other things such as manuals, pictures, diagrams, etc would be a good idea as well.

I have a couple of games I've written and painstakingly typed in for the TRS-80 PC-3 and the Sharp PC-1261 which I would like to share

The thing is, I really don't have the time to maintain and update it. A community-maintained project (perhaps on one of those free hosting sites) would be ideal for me, and could be modified by the person who provides the update. FTP access would be a must.

Would anybody be interested in this? Or am I going to venture out on my own? :)

I sympathise with the venture but have however too much on my plate as it is. I have a Sharp PC3000, sometimes called the DIP Portfolio2, as well as a heavily accessoried Portfolio.
Also an HP95. unfortunately needing a serial cable and a Cassiopedia e-11 which uses CE.

I imagine you are talking about the Fugitzo Poquet, Tandy pocket, and such as the Sharp OZ. The Sharp PC3k has a quite large archive in Germany, the HPs have a certain base as have the others. I don't know about the pocket computers you seem to be referring to.

There was a Poquet 2 some years ago I lusted after but never bought for abought $250.

In digging thru my files I just ran across a PocketDOS install which I had forgotton about.

http://www.pocketdos.com

It seems amazing and could install on my HP95 as well as my Cassio 11-e. It can use DOS programs supposedly given space. Do you know this program and it's pros and cons ?

Lawrence

I've never heard of PocketDOS, nor am I familiar with the Poquet.

The reason I want to start this up is because there's almost no existing software for the 1251 nor the 1261. I've already somewhat assembled a basic site together. I just need to encode the audio files to MP3 and upload it all. I'm also trying to get more software by typing in programs and modifying the basic to get them to work. "Pocket Basic" is pretty horrible to work with.

Don't worry, I'm not using the tiny keyboard. I built an interface that connects my pocket computers to my PC :)

Back