• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

posting images.

The key to what Jorg is saying is that the images must be hosted somewhere else. . .

Erik

Erik said:
The key to what Jorg is saying is that the images must be hosted somewhere else. . .

Erik

...and try not to make 'em too large. Anything over 800 x 600 doesn't fit the page very well...and takes forever for some of our member's computers to display.

--T

>> The key to what Jorg is saying is that the images must be hosted
>> somewhere else. . .

"Terry Yager" wrote:

> ...and try not to make 'em too large. Anything over 800 x 600 doesn't
> fit the page very well...and takes forever for some of our member's
> computers to display.

Yeah, when I posted by holiday photos in General Off-Topic I used Imageshack. If the images happen to be photos in high resolution 2200x1704 or something it's handy in Windows XP to dump the screen (since it displays the whole photo onscreen) to the clipboard, paste it in an art program - edit it to take out the other stuff you don't need - simple drag the image so the corner of it sits flat with the top if it's paint your using, unselect the image, then move the mouse to the bottom where the white meets the grey - you get some arrow which allows you to drag it up against the photo image.

Would be a much better place if everyone did this! ;-) (Unfortunately I'm not sure what the condition prior to XP). 95 certainally didn't reshape an image to fall in place (unless you loaded it into an art program or something like Ultimate Paint).

CP/M User.

Back