• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Raspberry pi adaptor card? Anyone got one/ where to buy one?

Iainjh

Hi

Are there any of these cool-sounding adaptor cards out in the wild/ anywhere to buy one? I've been checking and checking ultimateapple2.com it seems for ages, (- store in development/ closed- ) then it occurred I should ask if anyone else has made such a card ...

Or should I sit tight?:)

Cheers in advance!

Iain

OP: Just checking... you are aware that the Apple2pi card doesn't actually add any functionality to the software beyond what a raspberry Pi-compatible serial cable connected to a Super Serial card provides, right? (Unless there's been some further development I'm not aware of.) The card is basically nothing more than a really stripped down serial card with headers to directly mount the Pi inside the case.

Or, to put it another way, if you want to just try the Apple2pi software you don't need to wait for someone to churn out another run of the cards, you can just cable up to a IIe with an SSC (or to the built-in serial on a IIc) and go to town that way. Technically you don't even need a Raspberry Pi either, the software bundle can be installed on any Linux box, but that's more work than just slapping the pre-built Raspberry Pi OS bundle on an SD card.

yeah i'm aware. Just like the idea of mounting the pi internally, no extra psu, mess of wires etc

I'm presently writing disks from adtpro and quite fine with that in principle, and I have a pi i will setup and play with.. I just really like the internal board idea :)

If an internal mounting is all you're after it seems like you could just, say, rig up with some cabling that connects the Pi to the internal 10 pin header on the SSC card, tap the 5v line from the power supply, and velcro the Pi to the inside of the lid.

I have a the apple2pi card. Used it for a day when i received it. shelved it once i saw that it will take 2 slot spaces in my already full iigs box. ebay will be its destination when i decide to sell it.

Back