• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

s-100 system mine on monday!!!!!

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
:D Get to pick up the S-100 system on monday, don't know what it is, but it's got a couple of 8 inch drives at the bottom, and lots of flashy light-up buttons. Ebay I'm afraid, so no skip-diving brownie points. Strangely enough, there was a pick-up-only VT100 BNIB going just down the road, for a tenner, should go on the end nicely!.... new post when I get it home (and past mrs. b.!)

bbcmicro

Veteran Member
It wasn't that odd blue CP/M thing was it? I meant to watch that, but it slipped my mind. Not that I would do anythiong productive with it...Just asking without sifting through listings...If so it certainly looks interesting.

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
it was item number 290010890112, and at the price that 8 inch floppies go for, probably worth the price for them alone.

oh no.... yet another disk format to handle!

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
Christmas comes but TWICE a year

Christmas comes but TWICE a year

Wow!

picked up the beastie today, plus the folder of software (BBC basic!!!! basic compiler, 8051 assembler & emulator, cpm2.2 on original disks, various spreadsheetoid & mail software) , plus about 30 assorted spare cards including brand "new" prototype boards & dev boards with zif sockets, but not enough time to go through them properly yet, some documentation, and about 1CWT (50Kg) of the beastie itself (25A linear, bomb-proof psu) all in a 19" rack 2'6" high.

SMUG!!!!!

will post photos / more info in next few days.

now to get it into the house....

bbcmicro

Veteran Member
mmm....blinky.
Seriously, It's got to have blinky lights with no known purpose. You lucky wotsit.

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
Yes, all i could lift, it's now in the shed (just), I had a look at the other spare boards that came with it, then had a cold shower.
there's 3 z80 cpu cards (one ithaca audio, and the others Solid state music, 2 8k memory cards (64 off 2102 1k*1bit rams each!) a couple of crt controller cards, some serial and parallel interfaces, a few rom cards (one with a nice row of 1702 eproms from 1975 (256 bytes each ??? ) some home built bits, & possibly an eprom burner for 2708 / 2716s ?????

just found the

http://www.hartetechnologies.com/manuals/

site, and it looks to be useful!

sleep...... with the possibility of those teenage dreams from the time before i discovered girls !

nig

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
Yeah, Howard is real good that way. Lemme know if ya have any 'extra' boards, especially a CPU board.

--T

of course.

I'll keep a spare of everything, (& a few bits are a bit battered) but excess is probably going to be up for "genuine" grabs. consider yourself first in the queue. It'll probably take a little while to sort everything properly.

nig