• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Samsung S-330 enabling off mobo video

linemanduke

Veteran Member
i have a Samsung S-330 Computer i just got that has a mono video on the motherboard, which is great except i have no mono monitor. i tried my cga card from my xt and nothing, is there a jumper or something i have to change to get the cga card to work.

btw: anyone ever heard of kaylok hard drives?

Last edited:
Wow someone else has one too! I love my Samsung S-330 but I was lucky enough that the guy who gave it to me also gave me an Amdek orange mono monitor with it. Never heard of that hard drive though, mine has a Seagate. When I get the time I can open mine up to see if I can see a jumper setting or something but if all else fails I have a CGA card around somewhere I'm sure.

cool thanks. i found out so far that it post and boots to dos. wait for beeps to finish, hit enter twice, type dir and watch the drive light lol.

i did find some info on the drive aparently its one of the worst hard drives on the face of the earth.........great lol.least mine works

i dont know what kind of mono it is i just know i cant get it to display right on any monitor in my house lol.

Last edited:
well i figured it out. i found out thanks to a classifieds post one of my vga card (oakvga) is 8/16 and put it in confirmed the computer was working, but i had forgot to hook up the hdd to the rll controller. as i was taking out the vga card to put in the controller i saw a block of jumpers i missed marked disable vid,com,lpt,rtc poped the video one out put my vga card in and it worked. so now i have a new home for my irc server. right now living at
server:98.242.81.123
port:6667
till i get everything set up. if anyone wants to come try it out were usually in #wtfpwnt

system specs are
ram: 640k
cpu:8088-1 4.77 mhz
storage: 33 MB kalok rll drive, 360kb 5.25 drive, Colorado tape back up system
nic: smc 8/16
video:im cga with a 5153 monitor

cool.. i need to get rockircd to handle server linking one of these days so can combine our beastly 8088's into one network.

Back