• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• No, I wouldn't wanna take the chance he's da last of hiz kind.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Sure, how else ya gonna prove that he exists?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • What daHell'z a Yeti, anywayz?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Oh geez why didn't I think of this earlier, tranqualiser
darts?

I mean you won't kill it - just put whatever it is to sleep.
Hunters should be issued with darts rather than bullets to go
hunting. You could move in - take as many photos & even film
the beast as much as you want before it wakes up. To be honest
though if no-one gonna believe ya - then they never will.

CP/M User.

Chris2005 said:
I don't believe there's any such thing. I also don't prescribe to evolution. Having said that, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there were dinosaurs still wandering around the planet withing the last few thousand years. O s**t...there's one now! Gotta run LOL LOL LOL

So you think the Romans, Egyptians, Jews & Jesus where fighting off dinosaurs? Think about it, primitive people & civilizations drew what they saw, & there has been no drawings of dinosaurs whatsoever found. It's always been a cow or a mammoth or something...

Plus, every form of scientific dating (Carbon Dating, etc...) shows that the fossils are WAY older than any known human remains...

atari2600a wrote:

> So you think the Romans, Egyptians, Jews & Jesus
> where fighting off dinosaurs? Think about it,
> primitive people & civilizations drew what they saw,
> & there has been no drawings of dinosaurs whatsoever
> found. It's always been a cow or a mammoth or
> something...

And then there was Archimedes! ;-) which was though of have
been quite sucessful against the Romans. Perhaps (like the
Romans) he waited for the Dinosaurs to show up at his place &
gave them a blast. ;-)

> Plus, every form of scientific dating (Carbon Dating,
> etc...) shows that the fossils are WAY older than any
> known human remains...

Can't argue with that!

CP/M User.

To be honest, I don't know if the mammoths, mastodonts and other animals of their era were around in the times of ancient Egypt, Sumaria or where the "cradle of civilization" stood. Certainly humans of earlier ages stood face to face with mammoths and hunted them down, but that would be more than 10,000 years ago (scientifically speaking, I'm not taking religious timelines into counting).

Several years ago, it was said the Russians had found a very well preserved mammoth carcass, which they could take DNA samples from and perhaps artificially re-create miniature mammoths (minimoths?) by pairing with elephants. I don't know if they're on their way or encountered more difficulties than first thought. Probably the DNA had degenerated quite a lot over time.

I know, I don't think Egyptians or Romans would qualify as "primitive". Maybe I should've better separated the sentences...

By the way, there have been a couple of frozen mammoths discovered...

I've read somewhere that a frozen Mammoth dug up in Siberia was found to have green grass and buttercups in it's mouth. Could be UL, or just plain Junk Science tho.

--T

atari2600a wrote:

> I know, I don't think Egyptians or Romans would
> qualify as "primitive". Maybe I should've better
> separated the sentences...

Depends on what you define as primitive with the Romans. In
some facets they were quite ingenious & inventive. Durning
battles though they fought in numbers & in force - their
weapons certainally weren't as advanced to the likes of people
like Archimedes which had them backing off - they might of
conquored a number of areas - though never successfully won
any battles against Archimedes or his people (according to one
documentary I saw about the Romans) - which suggested that the
weapons Archimedes designed were quite powerful for their
time.

CP/M User.

Terry Yager said:
I've read somewhere that a frozen Mammoth dug up in Siberia was found to have green grass and buttercups in it's mouth. Could be UL, or just plain Junk Science tho.

--T
That's what I heard too, they reckon that if the atlantic conveyor / gulf stream (hot water from the tropics that flows up western europe) turns off, which is reckoned to be a certainty within the next 5 - 25 years, as icecaps melt, and dilute the cold satlwater from the arctic which keeps it running, then temperatures in northern europe will plummet almost overnight, and london and moscow will have similar climates.

The programme on the bbc reckoned that's what happened to the mammoth.

If the Atlantic conveyor system stop functioning within the next 15 years, the campaign to host the Winter Olympics on Ireland 2026 can become reality. :-/

Oh mr Carlsson you have a bad sense of humour!, you should know it can never be, they only have teeny weeny (sorry that means really small!), ( but seriously pretty) mountains in ireland. The bobsleight event would be over in 30 seconds, and there would only be room for one gate on the slalom.

Last edited:
If people can build all sorts of skyscrapers around the world, I'm sure in 20 years time they could build mountains or whatever needed to host the downhill events. Isn't bobsleigh run in a man-built track anyway, so not dependent on nature?

I wouldn't like to file for planning permission on that one.

Ah, Ireland. Land of loughs, Hills, and bloody swarms of midges. I felt like a pincusion

Last time I went I met an Irish man who said, and I quote:

"Once tere wus a man, and de midges were so bad, tey et everyting except his boots."

I had a rather amusing mental image of just a pair of boots in the middle of the road.

Whats the difference between bigfoot and the Yeti? Is yeti in Nepal or something...

carlsson said:
Isn't bobsleigh run in a man-built track anyway, so not dependent on nature?

It is somewhat dependant on gravity!

Yeti's.. the himalayan version of bigfoot, Apparently they report sightings in the local papers, there is a little cutting pasted to the lid of a tea chest I found that was once used by edmund hillary (nice find!) it just says "yeti spotted at xxxx glacier thursday by Namexxxx" and that's about it, very matter of fact!

nig

Back