• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Seeking Suggestions: VCGM

A concrete suggestion would be to rearrange the page you get when selecting a category on the left. If I click on "Vintage Computers" I would expect to see a list of auctions, or perhaps some subcategories. Instead I get a search box which takes up considerable screen estate. Below that box is what I think are highlighted auctions? Then comes the list of auctions, which have to share vertical space with a box of subcategories.

Oh, the concrete suggestion: Move the list of auctions to the top and make subcategories appear among the other categories (just like on ebay). Make the search a page of its own. And regarding the highlighted auctions... well I've never liked that feature on any auction site.

The best I can offer at the moment is the suggestion to click "Basic Search" to shrink down the search options.

For the rest, I'll pass along the suggestion. I'd love to see user configurable views into the auctions.

Also, this page looks incomplete:

http://marketplace.vintage-computer.com/site_fees.php

Obviously you have just removed it because there are no fees, but you should have some informative message there.

I haven't been able to find a way to put a message in there. Again, I'll ping the author(s) to see if they can set up a "fee free" option.

I hope I have not put you off this project now, its a great initiative!
Nah. It's worth it. :)

I don't often get to the Marketplace because I have a difficult time figuring out what's going and what's been around for awhile. And often, I simply forget. :(

How about a "crawl" somewhere on the forum main page that lists things that are about to end? That might tweak my curiosity more...

Back