• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Service Manuals for paper tape punch/reader - FACIT 4046/4047 and DSI NC2400

jackrubin

Veteran Member
I'm looking for service manuals and schematics for both these machines. The FACIT 4046 is just a 4047 without the read head, so really the same machine. Bitsavers and others have user and "Technical Description" manuals but not true service information. No immediate problems, but good to be prepared. One question - the 4046/47 has a DataSentry nicad on the board that makes me a little nervous. Any thoughts?

A Tony Duell schematic of the FACIT N4000 just went up on bitsavers (thanks, Al and Tony) but the logic board differs from the 4047.

I'm also looking for a FACIT read head for my '47 (stand-alone p/n is 4031), since this machine served as a donor at one point. Punch works fine but there is a gaping hole where the reader once sat.

Thanks.

I'm also looking for a FACIT read head for my '47 (stand-alone p/n is 4031), since this machine served as a donor at one point. Punch works fine but there is a gaping hole where the reader once sat.

I've got a couple of read head assemblies in the HP style (no visible part numbers), but nothing FACIT.

Vince

I'm looking for service manuals and schematics for both these machines. The FACIT 4046 is just a 4047 without the read head, so really the same machine. Bitsavers and others have user and "Technical Description" manuals but not true service information. No immediate problems, but good to be prepared. One question - the 4046/47 has a DataSentry nicad on the board that makes me a little nervous. Any thoughts?

A Tony Duell schematic of the FACIT N4000 just went up on bitsavers (thanks, Al and Tony) but the logic board differs from the 4047.

Thanks.
Also looking for service manual or schematics for DSI NC2400 (DSI/Data Specialties Inc.) paper tape reader/punch. I have the users manual.

Back