• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sound Blaster IDE Cards Drivers Collection

I thought about doing this but decided against it
I want to keep this compatible with legacy machines, as these drivers are for legacy systems afterall... many don't have DVD drives nor can they run them (such as 386s)

as such, that's also why I kept the filename structure to 8.3 instead of the much easier to do LFNs... why zip files instead of rar or 7z too for example :)

you may have noticed that my ISOs contain more than just the drivers... yup, that's true... I've been collecting the bundleware also, those are even more rare now and so unloved... but they are something nice to play with for those who never got them because they didn't pay extra for the more expensive versions of practically the same hardware ;) yeah, creative were jerks even when it came to their own in-house software... it was so bad that OEM versions had different (inferior) software altogether compared to the retail ones, until they backed down a bit in the later years

Yes, the C/MS disks will be a great asset to this collection! And so are the rest of the disks and softwares! Just let me know where you have the files uploaded to, and I'll update the links. Thanks! It's great to work with like-minded friends! :)

yeah my live cds are also from 1998 when the card first came out.... this is a "hand me down" from my friend... both the card and cds are useless to me also :D
I remember he didn't buy the gold/deluxe version because he had to by the hoontech cable card later in order to get the spdif

That was the Live! Value. Here are the P/Ns of my discs

Disk 1: 1713330756
Disk 2: 1713330720
Disk 3: 1713330721

A humble request to the Moderators : I made a mistake at the title - it says "IDE" but should actually read "ISA" cards. Kindly change the title to Sound Blaster ISA Cards Dos Driver Collection. (I couldn't edit the title myself.) Just to prevent confusion.

Thanks again! :)

that might be slightly different than what I got then
doesn't matter for me though since I care so little about the PCI sound blasters... so take your sweet time uploading them if you want ;)

for now, can you please upload the SB16WE ISO? :D

thanks!

that might be slightly different than what I got then
doesn't matter for me though since I care so little about the PCI sound blasters... so take your sweet time uploading them if you want ;)

for now, can you please upload the SB16WE ISO? :D

thanks!

Sure, anyone have a FTP site I can dump it on? Not a fan of FileFront or any of those services. EDIT: Uploading now

Last edited:
I don't have an FTP, and I understand you not liking file sharing services.... but I do know that rapidshare allows for uploading as a non-registered user for temporary use... this is good if you don't want to register for any of these services at all
but if you just don't want to touch them period, then yeah, FTP will be the only way...

nice, thanks!
Can you please upload the SB16 SCSI2 disks/ISO soon? I want to go through it ASAP so that I can finally release my new ISO (I can't find much of anything else to add other than a couple of more manuals)

Excellent! More goodies! :)

P.S. I'm unable to find the "edit post" button for my first post. I'm unable to update my links on that post. And is there a way to create a signature? I usually create a signature to point back towards the post where I have all my links, to make easy for others to download from any other page. Thanks.

Edit : Updated my Vogons link to reflect the new CD addition of njraodfan and the related mirrors created by WolverineDK.

Link : SoundBlaster ISA Cards - Dos Drivers Collection

Edit 2 : I'm currently collecting all the smaller disk images contributed by fellow members. I will compile and re-release my version of smaller disk images and files at a later date.

Last edited:
Back