• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sound Blaster IDE Cards Drivers Collection

Siden De Hr. brugte "De" formen, må jeg komplimentere dig . Fordi det er sjældent nu om dage at folk bruger "De" formen.

Whether you are using a program or not to make yourself understood in some kind of Norwegian ? (80 % of Norwegian is "Danish"). Then I must say, I understand Norwegian, Scanian and Swedish. But no I do not need a psychologist :) And I really do compliment you for using the "thee" form of all things, when you wrote to me :)

Bare hyggelig! Jeg er Nederlandsk men jeg snakker Norsk men foretrekker riksmål på grunn av at riskmål er mest likt nederlandsk. :D

PeterNY: Held og lykke med at tale Norsk :) dog skal du ikke snakke det. Ihvertfald I Danmark taler man dansk, og at snakke er jo trods alt det man gør. Når man er sammen med folk, og jeg undskylder, at jeg rettede dig.

That's about what I expected from you. You didn't disappoint. I would would like to know one thing however - what are you smoking over there?
matey I am smoking normal tobacco filled cigarettes, nothing as outlandish as that. Cause in Denmark, smoking the green herb is illegal. So keep cool :) I am not out get you :)

PeterNY: Held og lykke med at tale Norsk :) dog skal du ikke snakke det. Ihvertfald I Danmark taler man dansk, og at snakke er jo trods alt det man gør. Når man er sammen med folk, og jeg undskylder, at jeg rettede dig.

matey I am smoking normal tobacco filled cigarettes, nothing as outlandish as that. Cause in Denmark, smoking the green herb is illegal. So keep cool :) I am not out get you :)

:D Det stammer, jeg snakker norsk og jag taler svenska! ;-)

Just a comment; has anybody tried to PM a moderator requesting the posts in question to be edited?

The reason is simple, on most forums where I am a member. There you can edit or delete posts, as long the thread is not locked. Because of shenanigans.

PeterNY: the stuff I was talking about is . That you do not "talk" (snakker) a language, you speak(taler) a language :)

The reason is simple, on most forums where I am a member. There you can edit or delete posts, as long the thread is not locked. Because of shenanigans.

It used to be like that here too, but some incident not too long ago caused it to change.

I got an 8-bit ISA style soundcard, a CT-XXXX something, and I scoured the web for the proper driver subset.
Finally found it, after, what, weeks of searching? Had searched for a long period beforehand, anyways, anticipating getting a ISA SB card, with no real luck.

I wonder, in this compilation of drivers, how one might take a model number, (mine was on the card's circuit board upper right corner), and associate it with the proper install package.

Also, how many versions of those *.DRV, like ORGAN.DRV, FMSYNTH.DRV, whatever they are, the FM synthesis drivers for playing MIDI files/Adlib support etc etc, there are. Seems I always find the wrong ones, and even with my soundcard installed properly, I can't get MIDIPAK.COM and __________ the other one, to run properly in DOS to make a QBasic based MIDI player work.

I can get my QBasic based MIDI player to work in DOSBOX, but I'd like to get it working on my Soundcard, which IS installed properly, but those secondary drivers are not quite there for some reason.

~Kiyote!

First torrent is up for the SoundBlaster drivers.
Hi deadcrickets! I saw the page that you linked to. Those listing is from my initial collection. TheMAN's collection is different - it's very long with complete individual file listings. If possible, please edit the listing there, to prevent misunderstanding by downloaders. (The torrent shows 600+MB by TheMAN, and the file listings are from my initial raw collection which you can download from my signature link.)

ANyway, thanks for your efforts! :)

Oops. Sorry, was half asleep when submitting.

Managed to get Kickasstorrents to update but having trouble with Piratebay. Seems editing is disabled at Piratebay temporarily. Have submitted update in comments. It should spread to other torrent sites over next few hours.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic: I've seen these vintage sound card threads going. I remember I purchased a Pro Audio Spectrum 16 with my first PC. I was so amazed how awesome the midi sound was during the demo. I showed the demo app off to everyone that visited my house.

So what are people doing these days, collecting these to put together vintage gaming systems? or perhaps MIDI work?

Guys I have just done a rough check through all the uploads , and all those isos combined (not singled) has had more than 1000 (1136 on multiupload alone to be exact and 1087 on megaupload alone ) downloads. And one of them has gotten downloaded more than 150 times. So it is insanely awesome, what we as a group of individuals has gathered around upon. And I will bloody do it again, if I should. Cause sharing is definitely caring.

Message to moderators if they even care to listen, since nobody of the moderating staff listened the last time I mentioned it. Then I ask you kindly to get your fingers out, or remove them from what you are sitting on, and bloody well edit out the old reference of TheMANs 4.01 driver reference ? which is still clear as day in this thread. Or shall I really call on the wrath of forgotten rage into the picture, in a bilingual way ?

I and the other moderators are not used to being addressed in this manner, and I won't bother repeating what you put in the message that went to all of us. You are banned.

Back