• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

South Bay Area Vintage Computer Meetup - This Saturday

olePigeon

Veteran Member
Hello,

I'm just posting here in case anyone else is interested. A few of us over at 68k MLA will (hopefully) be meeting this Saturday at Excess Solutions for a vintage computer meetup. We plan to be there from 12 to 2.

There seems to be a lot going on in the North Bay in terms of computer clubs, but nothing much going for South Bay.

They might have some tables for us to use, but we're encouraged to bring our own. I'm bringing a six-foot folding table and power extension cable, plus my trust soldering iron and some cleaning materials for floppy drives.

If you have a vintage computer, console, arcade machine, or whatever, you're welcome to join us. If it turns into a regular thing, then maybe discuss actually forming a South Bay Vintage Computer Club. Who knows.

For now it's just a meetup.

If you're interesting in a pre-meetup for lunch, The Garrett is a great place for food and only 10 minutes from Excess Solutions. Some of us may be there (I know I will be.) If you want to get pizza, I'd recommend getting there by about 10:45 or so to get your order in and to allow time for them to cook the pizza.

There seems to be a lot going on in the North Bay in terms of computer clubs, but nothing much going for South Bay.

there have been people drifting in and out of a monday night 7:30 pizza gathering, currently at Giovani's in Sunnyvale for almost 30 years.

there are also two mailing lists baccl@googlegroups.com and dec-collectors-lunch@lists.sonic.net

the dec collectors lunch normally happens just after the 'foothill' (now frys) flea market on the 2nd saturday

baccl (bay area classic computers list) hasn't been very active for the past few years

Oh, that's good to know. I didn't know about that. I searched and asked around, but didn't find anything that wasn't in East or North Bay. Unfortunately Monday nights would be impossible for me, though. :(

I'm aware of the Foothill (Fry's) flea market and I've been there a few times, but I didn't know about the lunch.

In any event, if someone's looking for yet another place to hang out on Saturday for a couple hours, I figured that having access to electricity, a readily available supply of components, and an open place to do soldering would appealing.

I searched and asked around, but didn't find anything that wasn't in East or North Bay.

What did you find in the North and East Bay? I live in the East Bay and have yet to find any sort of groups that meet regularly out here.

What did you find in the North and East Bay? I live in the East Bay and have yet to find any sort of groups that meet regularly out here.

You might want to get in touch with Huxley over at 68k MLA. He does a Retro Road Show with his wife every Wednesday at "The Local" cafe in Alameda. He also brings their collection the East Bay Mini Maker Faire. They has a very nice mix of Macs, Apple IIs, Commodores, Amigas, SGIs, TRS-80s, etc.

Back