• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

stylewriter ii uses a very common ink cart.

vic user

Veteran Member
i had no idea that so many different printers use the same kind of ink cart.

i have a few stylewriter ii's, and as a matter of fact, they are so common where i live, that i usually see one a week at the thrift stores.

anyway, i do not live anywhere near an Apple dealer, and so once i noticed my ink carts starting to die, i went around looking to see if the stylewriter ii cart. was compatible with others, so i wouldn't have to go out of my way to get replacements.

holy smokes!

the ink cart. it uses, is used by so many different printers it is not funny.

i actually was able to just go and grab the one from my canon bjc 240, and pop it into the stylewriter.

now that i know it uses such a common ink cart. these printers are going to get a lot more life out of them!

such a tiny printer, which prints very nice and uses a standard plug and does not need an adapeter, like my canon.

coupled with my fav. word processing computer, my Mac SE30, life is sweet!

chris

Isn't the StyleWriter II just a re-badged Canon? We have a couple of those 240s around here too. They make nice portable printers, but I still prefer my Diconix 150+. It can run on off-the-shelf batteries.

--T

i don't know too much about the printers to tell tyou the truth terry.,

the stylewriter ii is a lot smaller than the two canons i have though

your battery operated printer sounds fantastic!

would be real good connected to a model 100 :)

chris

Another nice thing about the 240 is the (optional) I/R attachment, so you can print cable-free.
My Diconix can be run from alkeline batteries or NiCads, which charge in the machine, if used. (You hafta hit a couple of buttons to begin charging, so alkelines are safe to use in it, they don't charge automatically). If you're really interested in one, here's one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5170402230&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It's badged Honeywell-Bull, but it's really a Kodak-Diconix (which are really built by Hewlett-Packard, using the H-P ThinkJet engine). It's bundled with a Honeywell-badged computer which is really a Zenith SuperSport in disguise (Zenith bought-out Honeywell-Bull a few years ago). Anyways, it looks like a real good deal. The H-P badged units are a lot less common, so therefore, more collectible.

--T

Back