• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000HX with IDE to CF adaptor

Trapsis

I bought a Monotech XT-CF-Mini adaptor for our museum 1000HX a couple of years ago. However it seems to no longer be working. The computer does not see the card at all it seems. I have two CF cards that both do not work so I assume it is the IDE card. Are there any alternatives to this card? I'm not sure anyone is even selling a solution any more. I wish I had one of those 3-1 cards that also added a serial port but nobody is selling them. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Trapsis

XTIDE cards are available from plenty of different sources.

I use the Blue Lava XT-CF Mini in my 1000EX. It cost around $40 and included a 64mb CF card to get you started. It's small so it fit perfectly with the PLUS to ISA adapter and was plug n play.
I bought a couple of 2gb Verbatim CF cards off Amazon so I can swap them out when I want to use a different DOS version. They were cheap at $11 each.

I use an XT-IDE from TexElec in my 1000HD. I think the EX is a little more restricted for space but the Lo-Tech is pretty compact and should work for you. They have two versions, one uses as ribbon cable to adapt the CF card. The other accepts the CF card directly on the interface card.

Seaken

I’d offer to populate one of the spare PCBs I have left over for my, uhm, “6-in-1?” board I made for my EX and HX, but I would probably need to charge stupid money to make the labor worthwhile. (The expansion passthrough connectors in particular are a bit of a nightmare, although they are technically optional.)

I bought a Monotech XT-CF-Mini adaptor for our museum 1000HX a couple of years ago. However it seems to no longer be working. The computer does not see the card at all it seems.
Can you describe the problem in more detail? If there's no on-screen output from XUB that could be because the ROM got corrupted somehow. If so, the ROM fails the checksumming and the system BIOS will not call it to initialize itself. So in short, the computer will not "see" the card. If this is the case, a simple reflash of the XUB might bring it back to life.

Back