• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 Service Manual eBay Fundme

IBM Portable PC

Veteran Member
My understanding is that this manual did not exist, partly due to schematics appearing in the operators manual.

however, here it is: eBay Only US$399, plus shipping 🫢

Such is the price of unobtanium. So, unless someone has a PDF, I might start a fundme campaign to cover the cost of the manual. For my part, I will pay to have it professional scanned.

A few of us here did similiar for the Tandy 2000 Service Manual, saving that nearly 400 page tome from oblivion a few years go.

Any interest here?

I might start a fundme campaign to cover the cost of the manual.
I don't see how that is going to work. You would need to buy it first, as otherwise someone else might buy it during the campaign and then you have collected money from people that you can not use for the purpose people gave it to you.

So if you are serious, buy it now. Also, there is "Make Offer". There's probably no need to even spend that much money on it.

I made a realistic offer of $30 (plus $10 shipping) and it was accepted. Of course, I'll do a high-quality scan and upload to archive.org. In case I forget to update this thread with the link just check my account link: https://archive.org/details/@jeff_birt .
For documents like this I have them shipped directly to https://1dollarscan.com/

The quality of their 600dpi OCR scans is simply amazing. I guess it helps if the scanner costs $$$$$. My scans with them typically cost $20-$30, and they are worth every cent.

The previously mentioned Tandy 2000 service manual is an excellent example.

I don't see how that is going to work. You would need to buy it first, as otherwise someone else might buy it during the campaign and then you have collected money from people that you can not use for the purpose people gave it to you.

So if you are serious, buy it now. Also, there is "Make Offer". There's probably no need to even spend that much money on it.
It worked previously for the Tandy 2000 Service Manual. However, I just obtained a few commitments here and then bought the manual.

I'll put in some. I'm all for saving these for everyone and not being locked in some private collection. Count me in for $40.
WHy didn't I read this thread. I think I had it opened and hit post when I opened my computer again. Great that it's going to be scanned.

I'll put in some. I'm all for saving these for everyone and not being locked in some private collection. Count me in for $40.

Read a few posts above yours. I bought it for $30 plus $10 for shipping. If you really want to give me $40 I won't complain :)

Yeah, I realized that after I read it. I'll split the cost with you? It's the cost of not paying attention. Actually, saw it on discord first. Had to come back here and read again.

I believe the ancient poet Homer said it best...
D'OH

I was just kidding about donating to the cause. I have benefitted greatly from the manuals other have obtained, scanned and made freely available. I'm happy to do the same where I can.

I have the manual, sorry I didn't realize it hadn't been scanned. If there are other manuals missing let me know. I don't destroy the manuals to scan so mine will have some curve to them if the originals are bound and can't be fed through a page scanner. I use a book scanner that removes some of it but not all of it.

I have scanned most of the 2000 manuals to my GitHub, https://github.com/Tandy2K also have the 600 service manual and some 3000 stuff too.

Back