• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

the commodore 64

Last edited:
rofl! awesome find. kind of ironic how that commercial is encoded with APPLE'S PROPRIETARY video format. :)
it's re-encoded, i only use apple computers
so, .........

Rf output

Rf output

I dont have a game switch, is there another way to connect commodore to tv?

The Commodore 64 has a built-in RF modulator, so you don't need an antenna switch unless your TV has an antenna input different than the cable. I'm still unsure what antenna input looks like in USA, but I would think it can be solved in 99% of the cases?

As far as I know, a "game switch" is just that; an mechanical or electronical device that switches between different antenna or other inputs. It is handy if you don't want to swap cables from the TV, but not cruicial as far as I can tell.

It seems to me the typical antenna input is an "F" connector.
So you'd just need an adapter with male "F" to female "RCA".
(And remember to tune to channel 3 or 4)

And it is also nicer to wait a little longer then *three* minutes before posting the exact same question in another thread!
th_Silly_avatar_by_Dicx.gif

Go here.

Cheers,

80sFreak

Also, most TVs these days have inputs for video, with RCA jacks for video games etc. In that case, you might want to get a video cable for the C= 64 and use the TV in monitor mode.

--T

But the C64 only put out Chroma and Luma... Plus I don't know how well a y-adapter would work in combining the two to plug into the video connector. But Chroma/Luma to S-Video adapter cable works well. :) Here is a page that shows how to construct one.

Cheers,

80sFreak

But the C64 only put out Chroma and Luma... Plus I don't know how well a y-adapter would work in combining the two to plug into the video connector. But Chroma/Luma to S-Video adapter cable works well. :) Here is a page that shows how to construct one.

Cheers,

80sFreak

I'm no expert on C= systems, but didn't they offer two different cables, one with separate chroma & luminescence, and another with the signals combined, for compatibility with different monitors?

--T

The C64 outputs two types of video (except for RF):

* composite video
* chroma + luma (can be used for S-Video)

It doesn't output RGB, if that is what you were looking for. It is nice to hear that newer US television sets at least have S-Video and composite inputs; sometimes I get the impression there are no auxillary inputs. Is SCART a'la Europe or Japan out of the question?

Back