• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

thyristor equivelant

harry

Experienced Member
Does any one have the spec for the C232ax135 thyristor(as used in the pdp8/m psu ) or suggest an equivelant that has been successfully used?
Harry.

Does any one have the spec for the C232ax135 thyristor(as used in the pdp8/m psu ) or suggest an equivelant that has been successfully used?
Harry.
There's a few electrical specs here....https://www.parttarget.com/5961-01-052-9594_5961010529594_C32AX135.html. Searching using the equivalent part number from that page, 5961-01-052-9594, there are a slug of plces that say they have it - but, these sorts of listing are often not accurate.

Thanks for link, I also found a few details, such as max forward volts (135v) and max current of 25A , but not the gate trigger voltage and current to find an suitable equivalent? I have also recently done a parts request, for obsolete components, but not had a reply yet.

The DEC H7441 power supply I've been researching uses a C32AX135 SCR, not C232AX135.
Is yours a typo, or are they actually two different parts?

Bill
1700337123569.png

Thanks, yes my error , C32AX135 is the correct part no. the parts list you have shown shown is a much better document for ref.

This also has some parameters for that part.
(I don't know where I got this doc from, so pasted here directly vs a URL.)

Attachments

• GE-SCRs.pdf
    572.2 KB · Views: 6
Many thanks wrljet, for your time looking into this, I now have more info to go on, I guess the fun starts trying to find a replacement, , or something close to try.
thanks again
Harry

Harry, you're very welcome. I happen to be researching some of these parts myself in recent days.

So is your SCR a press fit package/case (like shown in that GE doc) into a heatsink?

Bill

Yes Bill, press fit into cage, with solder tabs both sides , and soldered connections underneath, at first glance not easy to remove, I 'll try some wick, with some luck might get it free. ..was put in there to stay!

Back