• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TVGA 9000B question

Wawavoun

Experienced Member
Hello there !

I use a PC AT computer build with Soyo Scamp 80386sx25 motherboard and a Trident TVGA9000B video adapter...

I have put a coloron instruction in autoexec.bat because I use a lcd screen and whithout sometime the computer start in bw mode...

Msdos 6.22 and wfw 3.11 (with Trident driver) are working.

Now the problems :
1- in msdos sysinfo or msd start in color mode but switch to bw after initial scan of the hardware...
2- after windows logout the display show strange color and text which stay on screen and "mix" with output of msdos command I type... unreadable...
3- at this moment "cls" is not working, the screen switch to black a moment and then come back with the same characters and color.

Only ctrl+alt+suppr can solve the problem...

Note that I have never see any problem under windows...

Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks a lot.
Philippe

Okay...

After more investigation "coloron.com" was not a solution it was the problem !

I replace it by "smonitor.exe c" into autoexec.bat and everything seems to work ok.

smonitor.exe is a Trident utility made for switch TVGA board from color to bw and vice et versa... Found it in a TVGA9000I utility disk archive.

Yes. In particular what's probably messing with you is the monitor ID line that used to indicate "Mono" was reused as an i2c serial line for conveying DDC serial information, and said reassignment tweaks out very old VGA cards. If you cut the connection to... pin 12, I believe?, it should default to color.

Back