• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Two new toys for my collection.

alexkerhead

Veteran Member
These came in yesterday.
IBM PC-2
All original with exception of the 1983 amdek monitor.
This unit was a donation to my museum collection.

and

Apple IIe
All original, with another disk drive coming in.
Ebay purchase.
Not as clean as I would like, but will have todo.

LOL, had to borrow a very old digicam to take these pics.
Tell me whatcha think.:D

Thanks Erik.
BTW, it turns out that this PC is actually a IBM 5150, not a PC-2.
It has the 5150 sticker on the back.
Also, it has installed a ast megaplus II, seagate 20MB HDD and MFM controller, CGA 16 color video card, and a LPT card.
I am one lucky son of a gun I guess.
Now all I got to find is an original tape deck.

DOS-Master said:
the apple II is beatiful
Thanks, but that is the newer model I have, I have the original IIe in my musuem collection. Here.
The one in the museum is highly modified however, it contains 128K RAM, 2x drive cards, mouse, 2.4K modem, duo disk, 3.5in disk, etc.
The one I had posted in the first post of this thread is the one I toy with, and run proDOS with. It isn't as quite museum condition as the one in the museum. I may put all the upgrades in the newer one and keep the original stock condition, except for the fact old Apples are more interesting if you have them "pimped" out.
The one in the museum is the original 1983, the one in the first post of this thread is a 1986 model, without the raised logo. Just a little cool information.

Which Apple

Which Apple

Alex,
Which is your puttering around apple? is It a IIe, ][e, //e or maybe a Platinum? The Platnum has the built in keypad. I notice the one in your museum has the duodisk and the 16 color monitor stacked on it. I tried that but it started to bow the top of my IIe. So I built a shelf for it.It looks like an upside down "U". It takes the weight and saves my apple from the cyder press.

Fred:D

Fred E. Diggan III said:
Alex,
Which is your puttering around apple? is It a IIe, ][e, //e or maybe a Platinum? The Platnum has the built in keypad. I notice the one in your museum has the duodisk and the 16 color monitor stacked on it. I tried that but it started to bow the top of my IIe. So I built a shelf for it.It looks like an upside down "U". It takes the weight and saves my apple from the cyder press.

Fred:D
Ah, hey Fred.
Humm, what did I do? I added several layers of felt to the right and left side of the underside of the duo disk unit, that helped take the pressure off the center of the computer unit.
I have 2x Apple IIe computers complete. One has a built in keypad(not a platinum however-cries) with the printed on Apple IIe logo, and the other(the museum piece) has the raised inset logo, and no built in numpad. I do have an external keypad for the raised logo apple IIe however. I generally use the one with the printed logo and newer Apple IIc monitor. I have almost every possible upgrade for the museum one though, external keypad, modem, 3.5in disk, duo disk, kraft joystick, mouse, epson printer, and tons of cards. That was all a donation. I dont use the pimped one though..lol, I just use the basic(with a 64k ram card) one with the printed logo for games.
Remember, when in doubt, use lots of felt rounds to fix it..lol

Alex,
I also had one of my Apple Imagewriters on top of my stack, more weight. I Believe your using the Apple monitor II with 16 colors. I have a few of those also. For some reason I'm partial to the green phosforous monitors though. Call me nastalgic, when I use unix in lenix I always set my shell defaults to display green on black. All this talk is driving me nuts. I've got to set another one up here in the puter room. I have a software issue to resolve though. I don't remember for sure but I think it was in my ooooooold version of proDos. It wouldn't accept any dates beyound 1999. Bummer. Long live the Apples of my eyes.:p

That reminds me, I had an Apple ][C and a ][+ come in the other day...they got mangled before I could check them out. Are they any good/rarer than usual? I see Apple ][e's all the time.

I comfort myself with the thought that each one I let be demanufactured makes the remaining ones all the rarer.

Of course I want to pad my collection with nicer are stuff as well...

dreddnott said:
I comfort myself with the thought that each one I let be demanufactured makes the remaining ones all the rarer.

Of course I want to pad my collection with nicer are stuff as well...
What a sick way to put it. All it does is make it where poor collectors cannot have one.

There's only so much I can do - we certainly can't sell the systems at a loss, and the company pays me so little that I couldn't possibly pay even $5 each for every truly vintage system that's come in. The volume of incoming electronics is SO HIGH that there've probably been several tons' worth in just antique computers since I started working in October. Over one ton of CompuPro stuff is going to be demanufactured tomorrow. All I'll be able to save are the two giant hard drives, maybe one older, decked-out 816, a couple of S100 bus addon cards, and all of the manuals/documentation.

PLS, Rescue as many of the CompuPro hardware as you possibly can. (Selling a few on eBay should realize enough income to cover the cost of a mini-storage unit for a few months)...They are quite valuable these dayz. Surely, if you can convince daBoss that they're worth at least $200.00 apiece, (search recent eBay ended auctions for CompuPro and/or S-100 stuff), mebbe they'll be a little more reluctrant to shread 'em.

--T

Last edited:
There are eight to ten CompuPro 816 systems, about 50 or 60 add-in cards (80186, 80286, 2MB virtual RAM drive emulators, etc.), six or seven external 8" floppy drives, random tape drives, some more recent 286-based CompuPros, several MP300 and MP320 (whatever those are), and a bunch of other things. PERFECT, mint condition for everything. No monitors or display units of any kind.

The Fresno County Department of Agriculture probably dropped several million dollars on this stuff throughout the 1980's...

EDIT: I just check out eBay, there are only a few CompuPro items on there right now, priced rather optimistically...but there are some bids. What do the fully-functional 816 systems go for, usually? I think we might be able to sell off those fancy-schmancy addon cards for a decent price (anywhere from $5-$20 each would be a very good profit margin for us).

Back