• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF West Thanks Everyone

carangil

Experienced Member
A big thanks to everyone who organized and attended VCF West! I met a bunch of new people and learned a lot about systems I've never seen before.

I believe Erik, Evan and Corry did most of the work. We had a minor
snafu on Sat. We had too much power used in the center loop of tables.
When thing warmed up a little in the afternoon , it popped the breaker.
The museum maintenance guys came through. They rerouted part of
of the load to another power drop. Most don't seem to understand that
150W for and old CRT, 100W for a PC multiplied by 10 is a lot of power.
I had the smallest setup of any. I figured my draw of about 5 or 6 watts
was not an issue.
In fact many of the visitors just walked by my table after a quick glance.
Still, I have several people that came specifically to see my setup.
I think it was fun for all. The organizers were great and many of the exhibits
were top notch.
Both days were busy, busy, busy. I think I was getting a little hoarse by the
end of Sunday.
A couple of exhibit were great for blinking lights and other theme exhibits were
of quality I'd not seen at previous VCFs.
A lot of fun.
If you plan on putting up photos I recommend also adding xiiw instead of
just xii. It will make the searches easier.
Dwight

Last edited:
Yes. I wish I could have made it again this year. These shows would not be possible without the hard work of Evan, Corry, Jeff, and dozens of other volunteers and supporters. So thanks to all that were a part of yet another successful production!

I'm looking forward to Seattle as well. See you all there. Also, if Sergey K. and Chuck G. are going to make it, I'd live to meet you and chat a bit!

I took some pictures but got busy and never put them up. I will do that tonight. I hope everyone else does too.

Ok I promised this a month ago, then got distracted by real life and forgot all about it. Sorry for that. But here they are...

http://mwsherman.com/vcf2017/

I have larger versions of these images available, so if anyone needs a copy for any reason of a particular image, send me a PM.

Ok I promised this a month ago, then got distracted by real life and forgot all about it. Sorry for that. But here they are...

http://mwsherman.com/vcf2017/

I have larger versions of these images available, so if anyone needs a copy for any reason of a particular image, send me a PM.

Thanks much for posting your pictures. I have been longing to see (or hear) something about this event.`

Thanks so much! Found it odd this one produced so few pictures.

We need to have a rule that every VCF event is attended by a guy with one of those 360 vr cameras that walks slowly through the whole exhibit. I'd love to go to many of these but they're just too far away.

Back