• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VECTREX WITH DESPERATION

now i am very desperate!! I opened the switch but now i don't know how remount!!! :(

Where i can crush my Head please???

Attachments

• 1680795158550..jpg
    1680795158550..jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Maybe i am save!!

Didn't you take copious notes as you disassembled it - and photographs on your phone?!

>>> Yesss!! I cleaned and i reassembled the switch!

Lucky :)!

Dave

Now, I have seen that there are cracks in the plastic where the small crt is attached to the case. I take the opportunity to disassemble everything and repair the plastic at this point... what do you think?

Ok i try to repair plastic....i ll come back here when I'll put everything back together...in the meantime I'll check the two boards well!
Thanks!

Dave, do You suggest to replace these capacitors?

Attachments

• 1680803514184..jpg
    1680803514184..jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I can't tell from that photograph.

Is the capacitor just dirty (in which case clean it up) or is it physically damaged in some way?

This is C117 (there should be an identical capacitor - C118 - behind it). These are on the +9V voltage supply rail.

This is what the check with the oscilloscope should tell us that you haven't done yet...

I wouldn't change it myself unless it is physically damaged, leaking or doesn't perform correctly when we test it.

Dave

Good morning, did you have a good Easter?
I fixed the monitor supports with a two-component glue, I'd say it did a good job!
After cleaning the switch internally, I now always have a screen!
it's all very shaky but... what can I check first?

Yes, a quiet Easter - but somewhat busy at our Church services yesterday. A lot of our Audio Visual team were on holiday - so I had to do the streaming at both of our morning services.

Power supplies...

Dave

1. Find component T503 on the schematic and the PCB layout.
2. Notice on the schematic that T503 has two supply inputs (marked as +IN and -IN).
3. Stick your oscilloscope probe on each of these points in turn.
4. Measure the voltage rail ripple.

Simple as...

Dave
Ok i found T503...must i checked voltage on each pin with scope?

Back