• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Computer and possible water damage

Chuck(G)

25k Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
43,312
Location
Pacific Northwest, USA
IMO, you need to get the wet boxes open ASAP. The longer you wait the greater the chances of problems.

Yup, leave water pooled and you'll get rust and then mold. The latter can be far worse in the case of media than the former. You can use isopropanol (91% isopropyl alcohol) squirted into tight spaces that you can't easily access to hasten evaporation.

(water+alcohol) evaporates faster than water alone.
 
Top