• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage sound card

Brings back memories! I sure got my money's worth out of my PAS 16. I was a big MOD music file collector then and would play those music files for hours. Ran up some large Compu$erve bills downloading those suckers too.

Originally I had a clone of the soundblaster 16 sold by Reveal (sc400 I think Aztec sound galaxay pro) and also a clone of the ensoniq soundscape (reveal SC600).

Later on I purchased a real Soundblaster 16 with yamaha waveblaster.

The only PAS card I ever had is in a 68K Mac I have, and all the connections (and there are plenty) are in an external dongle. Sounds nice actualy and provides a pair of RCA in and out, 2 midi plugs and also a joystick port plus headphone out which is much nicer then what was provided on the PC card.

The PAS is probably one of the fre decent names in soundcards I do not have in my collection, was it much better then the Soundblasters of its day (or just cheaper)?

It was WAY cheaper and you got a lot more for your money. The PAS card had a built in SCSI port for your cdrom drive. This was well before IDE ATAPI came along.

Is that an XT bus slot card ?? Well then, too bad my good home is on a different continent.....................

Is that an XT bus slot card ?? Well then, too bad my good home is on a different continent.....................

Actually, it's a 16-bit card, but I don't know if it'll work in an XT slot or not. I guess anything is possiblke. BTW, this is the one without the SCSI host adaptor.

--T

Well, if you happen to make a trip accross Romania, let me know and I'll take it off your hands :) I'd love one of these, but I've never seen one up close. The postage would be too much for something like this... :(

Back