• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wangtek 5099EN24 tape drive & card, free + shipping

Divad

Experienced Member
5.25" Wangtek 5099EN24 Rev.A QIC tape drive, 8-bit ISA controller card and cable.

The drive roller has disintegrated on this so I have no way to test it that I know of, if it's of any interest at all let me know and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Thanks

David

If anyone goes for this, I posted a few months ago on refurbing these drives using silicone vacuum hose.

I have a Wangtek 5099 that I need to get going to read some odd formatted tapes with. The capstan is toast so I would like a link to what you did. When I looked at the problem a few years back I thought tubing was not viable since the brass center of the capstan wasn't cylindrical. I have been considering using rubber dip but hasn't done anything yet.

Back